Antrim Eclectic Book Club
On Thursday, December 14th between 11:00 a.m. and Noon at the Antrim Presbyterian Church, Antrim readers will discuss
The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder
This book won the 1928 Pulitzer Prize. Among the questions which Antrim readers will be exploring are:
1. How does this novel assess whether there is a direction and meaning in an individual’s lives beyond his or her own will.
2. What is the significance of the Bridge of San Luis Rey in this narrative?
3. Does this novel have a hero? A villain? Which characters are good or bad according to Brother Juniper’s standards.
4. What is the role of religion in The Bridge?
5. What kinds of love appear? Can any form of love be selfless?
For additional information please call Steve Ullman at 588-2005 or email
available at the Tuttle Library. Please join our low-key, informal conversation.