Antrim Conservation Commission Notes:
Meeting: February 16, 2005 at Antrim Town Hall 7PM
Peter Beblowski, Rod Zwirner, Linda Bryer and Chris Stephenson
Absent: Melissa Chapman, Pat Webber and Peter Moore
1. December and January Meeting notes accepted by attendees.
2. Annual Report still to be forwarded to the NH Association of Conservation Commissions by PB.
3. The Campbell Pond Easement was briefly discussed. Things continue to move forward slowly. Melissa & Peter to finish GPS survey when weather moderates. Date(s) to be set, hopefully before March . Monadnock Conservancy (MC) land manager Kristen Grubbs is on extended leave until March. PB will get easement comments to her before then.
4. Don't know what happened to the Breezy Point Condo Assoc. Moose Plate Grant Application.
5. Meadow Marsh Land Rod to start developing a plan for the Meadow Marsh Land. Rod working on new trail guide. Trail was snow-shoed last week by Rod. Refrigerator & other solid waste to be picked up by Town in the spring.
6. PB attended Rec Land Committee meetings this past month. West Street area land has some good conservation land qualities and is being actively pursued. PB urged commission members and all interested parties to attend the Public Information meeting February 22 at 7pm. (Read warrant article and draft conservation discussion.
7. Conservation Award is not going to be awarded this year. However LB to bring award down to Town Hall for public display. (Done)
8. Next Hike: Lily Pond/Meetinghouse Hill Trail Hike: Done on Jan 30 by Martha, Rod & PB.
9. Rod to continue to try to contact Paul Whittemore about a trail easement for the Balancing Rock/Bald Mtn Trail.
10. Peter B to contact B Prokop about setting a meeting up with the Lauber's regarding formal walking easement into Campbell Pond. This has been done. Mr. Lauber attended the OSP Committee meeting 2/15/05
11. Open Space Committee a). Report from Melissa meeting went well. Aerial photo mosaic looks good. Rod putting together a land questionnaire.
12. PB to email Rod ACC questionnaire received from Upper Saco Valley Land Trust. (Done)
13. Wetland and other Permits needing attention:
i. Boucher Application - Bounced back by Wetlands Bureau 10/13/04
ii. Zimmerman Excavation Expansion-Pending.????
iii. Knapton Subdivision -NHDES letter allows for extension of deadline on providing info on how logging impacts will be fixed? Info due on or before February 25, 2005.
iv. Zebrwitz (Pierce Lake Area) permit app. discussed and letter sent Feb. 2? According to photos provided, bank appears incredibly stable. Some undercutting is ongoing but shore vegetation holding together well. We do not see the need for riprap! It is overkill. Letter to be sent to NHDES to request additional scrutiny of this application. .
14. Bruce Edes Forest still pending. Brian Beihl of Antrim- Bennington Boy Scouts contacted Bennington CC, John Manley. BCC glad for ACC interest, however, some administrative loose ends need to be tied up before it moves forward. CS to keep in touch after March Town meeting, to see how we may help project.
15. Commission received an invoice for $20 from the Contoocook & North Branch River LAC. PB to forward to Town Administrator.
16. Farm & Forest Expo went well, PB manned NH Extension Service booth.
17. Area Hikes, Lectures & Other Activities:
" Feb. 26, 9-3 Inventorying and Monitoring Wildlife on Your Land Posted by: UNH Cooperative Extension at Tuckaway Farm, Lee, NH
" Feb. 26 Exploring the Andorra Forest's Wildcat Hollow with Harris Center - Hike this 2,650-acre designated wilderness area northwest of Taylor Pond. For this moderately strenuous outing, meet leader Kim Faulkner with Jim Orr and Roger and Ann Sweet at 9 am at the Pitcher Mountain parking lot on Route 123 west of Stoddard village. Ends by 3 pm.
March 1 8:30- 3:30 Advance Land Conservation Workshop for Natural Resource Professionals
Posted by: UNH Cooperative Extension Details: SPNHF Conservation Center, Concord, NH
UNH Cooperative Extension and the Center for Land Conservation Assistance invite you
to an educational workshop on Advanced Land Conservation for Natural Resource
Professionals. Some of the topics covered include: New Wrinkles in Conservation
Easements, Community Conservation Issues, How to work with Land Trusts and How to
help clients towards a Conservation Outcome. To register contact, Sharon Hughes at 862-
SPONSOR: UNH Cooperative Extension, Center for Land Conservation Assistance
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 9 or 23, 2005 at 7 PM at Town Hall.