Antrim Conservation Commission Notes:
Meeting: May 18, 2005 at Antrim Town Hall 7PM
Peter Beblowski, Melissa Chapman, Pat Webber, & Rod Zwirner
Absent: Peter Moore, Linda Bryer and Chris Stephenson
1. No Meeting notes accepted by attendees. April meeting on April 27, 2005 cancelled due to poor attendance.
2. The Campbell Pond Easement was briefly discussed. New revised easement provided and passed on to Town Attorney. His response was dated April 29, 2005. Things continue to move forward slowly. Melissa & Peter to finish GPS survey soon.
3. Meadow Marsh Land Rod to initiate plan for the Meadow Marsh Land. Rod working on new trail guide. Refrigerator & other solid waste to be picked up by Town. Rod working on coordinating it with Bill Prokop.
4. West Street/Gould property proposal passed at Town meeting. Committee moving forward, still do not have draft P&S for property. Several site visits conducted, not as much wetland as initially thought..
5. Schnare/ Mighty Oaks- Planning Board close to a conditional approval. Monad. Conservancy tentatively accepted 16 acre easement.
6. Chamber of Commerce Daffodil Project briefly discussed.
7. Next Hike: West Street (Gould) Hike or Meadow Marsh Clean up discussed.
8. Rod to continue to try to contact Paul Whittemore about a trail easement for the Balancing Rock/Bald Mtn Trail.
9. Peter B contacted B Prokop about formal walking easement into Campbell Pond. Letter sent April 11 (see copy), awaiting response.
10. Grants- Looked at several potential grants for Gould Property.
11. Open Space Committee a). Report from Melissa May meeting went well. Public meeting planned for June 14 and July 12. Commission offered to fund mapping production costs from Conservation Fund, asked that recognition be made from OSC.
12. Wetland and other Permits needing attention:
i. Boucher Application - Bounced back by Wetlands Bureau again
ii. Zimmerman Excavation Expansion-Pending.????
iii. Knapton Subdivision -NHDES letter allows for extension of deadline on providing info on how logging impacts will be fixed? Info due on or before February 25, 2005.
iv. Zebrwitz (Pierce Lake Area) permit app. discussed and letter sent. According to photos provided, bank appears stable. Some undercutting is ongoing but shore vegetation holding together well. We do not see the need for riprap! It is overkill. Letter sent to NHDES to request additional scrutiny of this application.
13. Bruce Edes Forest still pending. BCC glad for ACC interest, however, some administrative loose ends need to be tied up before it moves forward. Chris to keep in touch after March Town meeting, to see how we may help project.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 7 PM at Town Hall.