Antrim Conservation Commission Notes:
Meeting: August 24, 2005 at Antrim Town Hall 7PM
Peter Beblowski, Melissa Chapman, and Peter Mellin (Surveyor)
Absent: Peter Moore, Linda Bryer, Chris Stephenson, Pat Webber
and Rod Zwirner.
1. No Meeting notes accepted by attendees. Meeting held on August 24, 2005 without valid quoium.
2. The Campbell Pond Easement was briefly discussed. New revised easement provided and passed on to MC. Things continue to move forward slowly. Melissa to provide GPS survey to MC.
3. Meadow Marsh Land Rod to talk with Clark Craig about refrig. pick up.
4. West Street/Gould property still do not have draft P&S for property but sisters showed up unexpectedly, Committee walked site with them.
5. Schnare/ Mighty Oaks- Monadnock Conservancy (MC) accepted 16-acre easement.moving forward.
6. MC Annual meeting, PLB may attend on August 27.
7. Master Plan being revised. PLB to send present conservation section.
8. Center Property to be mowed late July early August.
9. PLB to set up a meeting with the Selectmen to discuss the Campbell Pond easement. Set for September 12.
10. Rod to continue to try to contact Paul Whittemore about a trail easement for the Balancing Rock/Bald Mtn Trail. Rod went out last month & today.
11. Peter B contacted B Prokop about formal walking easement into Campbell Pond. Letter sent still awaiting response.
12. Open Space Committee a). Report from Melissa public meetings went well.
13. Wetland and other Permits needing attention:
i. Boucher Application - received permit
ii. Zimmerman Excavation Expansion-Pending.????
iii. Knapton Subdivision -pending Discussed subdivision with Peter Mellin. Requested maximum increase in buffer zones and evaluation of additional square footage over and above standard buffer. Requested this prior to next hearing.
iv. Zebrwitz (Pierce Lake Area) received permit.
14. Bruce Edes Forest still pending.
15. Coverts Program - Melissa did not apply. Peter to attend Alumni Dinner in Hancock on Sept 9.
16. Area Hikes, Lectures & Other Activities:
" Sept. 9& 10 Hillsborough Co. Fair, New Boston Fair Grounds.
" Sept 10, 10 am - 2 pm, Harris Center Celebrate Mushrooming
" Sept 12, Stream Crossings & Wildlife http://www.ceinfo.unh.edu/Forestry/Docs/stream.pdf
" Sept 13, 6 - 8 pm, Proposed Timber Harvest, Shieling Forest, Old Street Road, Peterboro, NH
" Sept 24, 9 am - 3 pm Shrublands, Cardigan Mountain Bobcat 4-H Clubhouse, Canaan, NH
The program presenters will introduce you to the history of shrublands in NH and to identification of shrubland plants and wildlife species that depend on thicket habitats. Learn why these habitats are declining and tips on what you can do to manage for these habitats and their associated wildlife species. Bring a lunch and a drink. Dress to be outdoors all day. No registration-just be at the site at 9am.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 7 PM at Town Hall.