James A. Tuttle Library
45 Main Street, Antrim NH 03440
Board of Trustees Meeting
Date: June 8, 2009
Present: Margaret Warner (Chair), Nancy Benda (Treasurer), Ron Haggett, Colleen Giffin (Sec.), Sandy Snow, Kathryn Chisholm
Minutes of 5/11/09 meeting were approved as amended
- Treasurer’s report
- Treasurers report: presented and accepted
- Town will credit the library for 900$ for the mistaken charge for the Skywave cameras.
- Nancy will check with the town about an unexpected oil charge. Ask about the new oil company and new contract.
- Library Director’s report
Director’s report presented and accepted
- Photo’s with library construction, grand re-opening, and 100th birthday are posted on the library website.
- Volunteers, patrons and attendees at sanctioned meetings are covered by town’s insurance.
- Volunteers, especially if they work with a lot with children, must have background checks done, 25$ each. Paid by the town.
Neal will be looking into the insurance coverage, if any, for the Historical Society items in the historical society room.
Library news letter monthly will be available on library website, the town hall, and the library.
Director’s to do list:
- Kathy will follow-up on the TAO’s meeting with the Grapevine.
- Father’s day basket
- Home and Harvest float and table
- Articles of agreement for a NH non-profit corp.
- Area Trustees meeting Friday June 20, at Brookline
- Article for Ledger/Transcript newspaper about area libraries
- Follow-up on the key policy
- Procedures being worked on
- By-laws were discussed and approved, minus Margie’s notes.
- Posting the Bi-laws on-line. Margie needs to speak to Donna about this.
- Discussed options. The board will go with Sunny Days Landscaping, owner Doug Hutchinson. Landscaper voted in with stated budget with some lead way.
- Replace the dead plants in the front of the library. Sugar Maple and Rhododendron
- Pay for the Articles of Agreement for FOTL.
- State and town filing fee 25$ state fee, 5$ clerk fee
- Retirement gift cert. for Fran Greene.
- Moved vote on library policy to July meeting
- Discussion on TAO’s meeting at the Grapevine.
- TAO’s needs more discussion about library grounds.
Next meeting of Library Board of Trustees: Monday July 13, 2009