James A. Tuttle Library
45 Main Street, Antrim, NH 04330
Board of Trustees Meeting
June 14, 2010
Attendance: Trustees- Margaret Warner, Ron Haggett, Molly Moore Lazar, Sandy Snow, and Colleen Giffin. Director-Kathryn Chisholm.
The agenda for tonight’s meeting was approved without additions.
Minutes of the May 10, 2010 were approved with a correction.
- The addition of bullets to one of the paragraphs would make for easier reading.
Correction-The Treasurer’s Report led into discussing present and up and coming needs of the Library with Town Administrator Galen Stearns. The trustees feel that there are three areas regarding the maintenance of the building that we must focus on in the near future.
- The most important project is the completion of repairing the portico steps. Galen informed us that these were budgeted for by the town and will be taken care of.
- The second item the trustees discussed with Galen was the need for security cameras still. All the wiring is complete, but the library is still in need of the actual cameras and their installation.
- Lastly we discussed a repair to a roof leak by Melanson and Co. and the possibility that more areas of the original building’s roof also need repairs. An annual inspection happens in the early fall and we will have a better idea of the roof’s need then. (Galen was not sure what support the town could offer on the second two items, but would like to see a quote for both, and said that there is a possibility the one of the projects could be picked up by the town.)
- Ron Haggett gave the Treasurer’s report.
- The routine financial audit for 2009 has taken place and everything seems to be in order.
- The Comcast billing was discussed, the Trustees are interested in writing one check for the whole year as the monthly bill is only $5.35. Action: Ron will look into this.
- It was clarified for new members that the money from the Trust Funds is managed by the Trustees of the Trust Funds.
Kathy went over her report with the trustees, specific items that were discussed include:
- Three new computers were replaced and installed last week.
- Alexandria ILS will be available online for a virtual tour as the board is looking at a new system in the future.
- The Library is the Business of the Month at Laconia Saving Bank…go check it out!
- “Find us on Facebook”-Melissa and Kathy recently attended a Facebook for Libraries Workshop and see it as another way to spread the word about all the great services that the Library offers.
Information items discussed:
- Friends of the Library- none present
- Area Trustees Meeting- no one went to the last meeting and there will not be another one until September or October.
- On June 3rd-Margie and Ron attended a session put on by the Department of Justice. The session covered many legal aspects of the library. The RSA’s are all available online.
- Portico repair- Kathy spoke with John Kendall and he should begin working on the completion of the portico after the 4th of July. The Trustees are excited about the coming end of this project and are looking forward to the granite steps.
- The Trustees were given handouts from the DOJ session which included job descriptions, the duties of the officers, and the function of the Library Director.
- Next meeting date: The next meeting won’t be until September. The Trustees voted to cancel the meetings for July and August, but Kathy, Ron, and Margie will meet on a convenient Friday afternoon in August to discuss any pressing issues- others are welcome to attend. Action: Margie will send an email to everyone regarding the date of this meeting
Respectfully Submitted by Molly Moore Lazar