James A. Tuttle Library
45 Main Street, Antrim, NH 04330
Board of Trustees Meeting
September 13, 2010
Attendance: Trustees- Margaret Warner, Ron Haggett, Molly Moore Lazar
Director-Kathryn Chisholm Representing the Antrim Historical Society- Neil Brown
The agenda for tonight’s meeting was approved without additions.
Minutes of the June 14, 2010 were approved with a few changes.
v Ron Haggett gave the Treasurer’s report for June, July, and August.
Library Director’s report:
v The recent elevator Inspection was discussed.
v Friends of the Library are doing a pirate theme in the Home and Harvest parade. The doll house was painted for the raffle project and it will be displayed to the public at Home and Harvest
v A proposed video game collection began from donations by patron Christopher Brinkley. The video games will be rated same as movies.
v No Area Trustees meeting is scheduled for September.
v Antrim Historical Society –
o Neil Brown is taking over as the liason between the Historical Society and the Library as Lyman Gilmore is retiring.
o The Historical Society’s storage room upstairs is out of space. Neil discussed with the trustees various proposals for spaces.
§ The Library agreed to get rid of some of the chairs under the hallway counter and give that space to the Historical Society, and put a lock on it; it is a possibility that shelves can be built.
§ In regards to storing archived documents in boxes, options include:
· Building new cabinets to match existing ones and replacing flimsy cabinets. (Kathy is concerned about load on floors.)
· A second option does not involve cabinets in the middle, but simply building a more stable wall.
· In addition, Neil would like to move the flag display to the middle wall and build larger cabinets where the flag display is currently.
· Alternatives discussed: Ron has some art displays. Margie suggested partitions.
· Time frame:2-5 years depending on collections coming in.
v Portico is just awaiting the granite steps
v The trustees discussed and agreed on a proposed asking budget for 2011.
v The trustees decided to put off discussing staff evaluations until next month.
v Next meeting date is set for Monday, October 18th.
Respectfully submitted by Molly Moore Lazar