Parks and Recreation Commission
Minutes of Meeting, May 14, 2009
Meeting Called to Order at 7:00 PM
Board Members Present: Barbara Reynolds, Dave Kirkpatrick, Mike Genest, Peter Lamb, Sam Harding, Ron Haggett. Also Present: Celeste Lunetta, Kristen Vance
1. Celeste reports the Richardson Trustees will attend our next meeting, and that commissioners will have the opportunity to address them at 6:30 on Thursday June 11. Celeste reports the Bike Rodeo and Fishing Derby went well.
2. Peter reports the Tractor has arrived. Peter also submitted a list of suggested improvements for Shea Field, discussion followed as to whether this should be presented as a line item or warrant. A full list should be further discussed and would probably be completed over a number of years. [Needed: Attach List]
3. There was discussion about care of the Rec Bus and snow removal at the Schools and Shea field. Peter suggested building a shelter for the Community Bus, Bobcats and other storage behind town parking lot at AES.
4. A proposal that the Town Of Antrim submit a bill to the ConVal SAU for Field use at an hourly rate, in absence of a use agreement, was put forth. It was agreed that Antrim P&R Dept. should draft a letter to the Select Board to be forwarded to SAU. The P&R Commission agreed another meeting w Schoolboard reps should be scheduled.
5. Grapevine Director Kristen Vance reported that the SAU is not ready to adopt Before /After School Programs this year. A motion for Antrim P&R Dept to continue to sponsor that program was made and approved.
6. Celeste: Suggested a Limerick article encouraging skateboard and bike helmet use. Celeste also reported that the Antrim in the Evening program is in good shape already, that due to grants and donations the program is almost completely funded for this year, $250 outstanding.
7. A motion to provide $25 to the Roadside Cleanup Cookout was made and approved.
8. There was discussion of the Skatepark and Basketball court sharing, the board considered options to relocate a court, establish a temporary Summer court on the Town of Antrim’s parking lot at AES. A question was raised, as to whether CIP program could be applied to moving/building a basketball court.
9. Dave Kirkpatrick notified the board of intent to hold some Teen Center events at the gazebo in Memorial Park on Friday nights in the Summer, the P&R Commission agreed this should simply be coordinated with the Rec Director.
10. The Board decided to look into determining and clarifying property lines between the adjacent school and town properties..
Meeting Adjourned at 8:30 PM