deadline of March 8th, 2009.
This does not mean the registration fee must be paid before the deadline, but the registration form needs to be turned in. Any child registered late will be put on a waiting list and possible not make a team. Thank you for your effort in meeting the deadlines that are necessary in order to create teams, find sponsors and order equipment and uniforms.
Forms are available at the Town of Antrim Town Hall, Parks & Recreation Department and Great Brook Middle School or by clicking below on the form needed.
Things you need to know:
- Boys age as of 4/30/09 and Girls as of 01/01/09.
- Birth Certificates are required.
- Teams will be forms if we have the enough players.
- Registration Fee for the 2009 season is $30 per player with a maximum of $60 per family.
- T-ball and Rookies for baseball and softball are instructional programs. You will play games with surrounding towns.
- Minors and Majors are competitive programs requiring a commitment from both the player and family. If numbers are high we will have a try out to make the team.
- Cancellations are handled by your coach. Please call them not the Recreation office.
Required player equipment for every practice and game:
- Cleats or very good sneakers; gym pants/shorts (no baggy jeans…)
- Water Bottle
- Recommended: Athletic cup, mouth guard
- Call your team coach or manager
- Shea Field A and B (School St, Antrim)
- Flagpole Field (GBS)
- Sawyer Field (Softball, off Route 202 in Bennington)
- Assistant Coach: Helps in dugout and at practices. Serves as head coach when necessary.
- Team Manager: Phone calls for coach, organizes parent volunteers for snack and water, distributes uniforms
- Field Clean Up/Maintenance: helps get field ready for season and occasional maintenance during season
- Umpire: Attends umpire clinic and helps officiate games (need volunteers for all levels) Education will be provided.
- Concession Stand: We need volunteers to open and staff our concession stand; funds raised go to support the program. Concession stand orientation will be provided. Even if you can volunteer for just one or two games during the season, this is a really important way to help our league!