March 20th, 2007
Selectmen Meeting Minutes
March 19th, 2007
Present: M. Genest, B. Pratt, S. Schacht, W. Prokop, S. Nelkens
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of March 12th.
2. The selectmen welcome S. Schacht as the new member of the Board. They then moved to elect B. Pratt as Chairman for the upcoming year. S. Schacht will be the selectmen’s representative on the Planning Board and M. Genest will be the selectmen’s representative on the Conval/Selectmen’s Advisory Board.
3. The selectmen reviewed the goals that they have established for 2007 and asked S. Schacht if he had any additions that he would like to make, he did not have any at this time.
4. The Town Administrator reviewed the amended budget with the selectmen. With the changes made and voted on at Town meeting the net increase in the budget could have an impact of twelve to fourteen cents on the tax rate that will be set at the end of this year. This will be offset by any pick-ups in the assessments that will be finished on April 1st.
5. The following is the April schedule for Selectmen’s meeting:
a. April 2nd – Open
b. April 9th – Corcoran Environmental to review recycling proposal
c. April 16th – LGC/Calea re: Police certification plans
d. April 23rd- Open
6. The selectmen reviewed and signed the agreement with Steele Pond Development, LLC for the mineral rights on Old North Branch Road.
7. The selectmen reviewed a proposal regarding the building and land at 50 Main Street and will give the proposal further consideration.
8. The selectmen signed the State Bridge Aid request forms for two bridges on Depot Street, one on Old North Branch Road, one on Craig Road, and White Birch Point Road.
9. M. Genest will contact Mr. Chauncey regarding his phone and written request that were made to the Town Administrator, regarding several various issues.
10. The selectmen asked the Town Administrator to contact a list of residents that may be interested in serving on an energy committee as was requested and passed at Town meeting in article #18.
9. The selectmen approved the A/P and payroll for the week and reviewed miscellaneous correspondence.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00 P.M.