August 14th, 2007
Selectmen Meeting Minutes of August 13th, 2007
Present: B. Pratt, M. Genest, S. Schacht, W. Prokop, S. Nelkens, S. Bonacci
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of July 9th, 2007.
2. The selectmen discussed in a work session the changes to the current ordinances. The selectmen asked the Town Administrator to post the new ordinances on the Town website and have copies available at Town Hall by Monday, August 20th, 2007. They then voted to hold a Public Hearing on the planned changes on Monday, September 10th, 2007 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall. This will be advertised in the local newspapers.
3. The selectmen reviewed the property in Town that is now owned by the Town, has “unknown owners”, or is to be Deeded to the Town and sold. The selectmen voted to have the Tax Collector proceed with the required “Deeding Process” and to attempt to contact all unknown owners. Once all the required steps are taken the Town will then proceed with the immediate sale of the property. This will be done by sealed bids or by auction. The Tax Collector will keep the Board of Selectmen advised on the process.
4. The Town Administrator advised the Board that the Tri-town Land-Fill committee would like to schedule a meeting for 7:30 or 8:00 A.M. on Monday the 20th or Tuesday the 21st. The Board would like to meet on Tuesday the 21st at 7:30 A.M. This will be confirmed with the other towns.
5. The Town Administrator reviewed the current status of our Town bridge replacement program. At the present time we are now out for bid on White Birch Point and we expect construction to begin in September. We have been advised by NH DOT that North Main Street has been approved for funding in this year. We are now waiting final approval of our design and engineering plans. Bidding will take place this year and construction will begin this fall or next spring depending on how soon the engineering plans are approved by the state. We have been advised that the North Branch Road bridge will be moved forward to July 2009, and that the 2 bridges on Depot Street will be moved forward to July of 2010. We have submitted our construction approval request and we are waiting for final written approval. If this is all approved this will be a cost saving
to the Town of over $200,000 in interest cost between 2009 and 2014. The Deering/Antrim Bridge is still waiting for input for the Army Corp of Engineers and is currently scheduled for 2009 funding from the state. The Antrim/Bennington Bridge will be discussed with the Bennington Board of Selectmen so that it can be placed on the state’s schedule.
6. The selectmen were advised that Shelley Nelkens has requested a Non-Public session with them to discuss a Town employee. The selectmen agreed to meet with her at 7:15 A.M. on Wednesday, August 22nd at Town Hall.
7. The selectmen were advised that the security cameras that have been installed at Town Hall, the Library, Memorial Park, and Shea Field have been very helpful in providing evidence and identification of crimes and vandalism being committed. The tapes will be used as part of the evidence put forth to back up our investigations.
8. The selectmen approved the A/P and payroll for the week and reviewed miscellaneous correspondence.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00 P.M. The next scheduled meeting will be September 10th, at 7:00 P.M.