October 2nd, 2007
Selectmen Meeting Minutes of October 1st, 2007
Present: B. Pratt, M. Genest, W. Prokop, S. Bonacci, K. Vance, P. Wells
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of September 10th, 2007.
2. The selectmen were asked by Mr. Paris Wells representing Hillsborough Pride for permission to use part of Second NH Turnpike Road for a road rally race on October 27th, 2007. The selectmen granted the request and will advise the Antrim Chief of Police. Hillsborough Pride will be providing more details to the police department in a few weeks.
3. K. Vance gave the selectmen an update on the status of the Teen Center (see attachment) and advised them of a donation of $20,000 that was received from an anonymous donor.
4. The selectmen again reviewed the property in Town that is now owned by the Town, has "unknown owners", or is to be Deeded to the Town and sold. The selectmen voted to have the Acting Tax Collector proceed with the required "Deeding Process" and to attempt to contact all unknown owners. Once all the required steps are taken the Town will then proceed with the immediate sale of the property. This will be done by sealed bids or by auction. The Acting Tax Collector will keep the Board of Selectmen advised on the process.
5. The Town Administrator asked the selectmen to provide the goals that they wish to set for 2008 so they can be communicated to all the Department heads. The selectmen agreed to review this year's and to provide their comments by the next meeting.
6. The Town Administrator reviewed the current status of the White Birch bridge replacement program.
7. The selectmen were advised that 2 residents have asked for the Town to accept a payment plan for the taxes and interest due on their liened property. The selectmen agreed with the payment arrangements.
8. The selectmen approved the A/P and payroll for the week and reviewed miscellaneous correspondence.
9. The selectmen asked the Town Administrator to set up a meeting with the Bennington Board of Selectmen for October 22nd at 7:00 P.M. to discuss the Antrim/Bennington Bridge plans.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 P.M. The next scheduled meeting will be October 15th, at 6:30 P.M. This meeting will be devoted to budget reviews.