Selectmen Meeting Minutes of November, 12th, 2007
Present: B. Pratt, M. Genest, S. Schacht, W. Prokop, T. Davis, S. Bonacci, M. Pon
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of November 5th, 2007.
2. The selectmen were advised by the Acting Tax Collector that the tax bills were posted on 11/10/07. This information is required under RSA 76:13.
3. The selectmen were advised that the research into the correct status of the section of the road at the end of Pierce Lake Road will take more time and research to determine the correct standing and that a surveyor may have to be hired. This is a follow up from the request of A. Robblee at the last meeting.
4. The selectmen were advised that Paul Restuccia, an Antrim resident and owner of Sign City, located in Bow, NH. donated 2 signs for Memorial Park and they will be installed within the next week. The selectmen voted to send Mr. Restuccia a letter of thanks.
5. The selectmen were advised that the Antrim Recycling Center will be ready to take C&D material by the end of next week. They were given a copy of the fee schedule which they approved at the last meeting. They are pleased to offer this new service to our residents.
6. The selectmen were advised of a new program that may be available for the temporary repairs that are needed on the Antrim/Bennington Bridge. The board asked to Town Administrator to discuss this with the Bennington Board of Selectmen and if they are in agreement to proceed with filing the request with the NH DOT Bridge division.
7. The selectmen met with T. Davis to discuss the "Deeding Process" as it pertains to Map 213, Lot 017-000-000-0000 at 197 Keene Road. The selectmen agreed to have the Tax Collector deed the property and will then contact Mr. Davis to finalize the settlement of the outstanding deed.
8. The selectmen reviewed the draft overall operating budgets and asked the Town Administrator to go back to the individual Department Heads to ask them to make some reductions so that the overall request can be reduced by approximately $50 to $60,000.00 so that we can hold our operating increase to 1 - 1 ½% over the 2007 budget.
9. The selectmen reviewed various correspondences that has been received and approved the A/P and Payroll for the week.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30 P.M the next meeting will be held on November 28th starting at 6:00 P.M. and will be a Selectmen's work session on budget issues and concerns.