December 17th, 2007
Selectmen Meeting Minutes of December 17th, 2007
Present: B. Pratt, M. Genest, S. Schacht, W. Prokop, S. Blood
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of December 3rd, 2007.
2. The selectmen approved all of the budget requests and are satisfied with the operating expenses for all departments. The overall increase is under 1.3% which includes 53 weekly pay periods for the year. The Warrant Articles be finalized over the next few weeks the selectmen expect to meeting with the Recreation Commission the second week of January to review their requested Warrant Articles.
3. The selectmen met with S. Blood who had some concerns regarding the ambulance billing and the difference in mileage that was recorded on 2 separate calls to his home for his wife. One call had 5 miles more billed on it than the one the previous week. He felt that we should be more exact with our mileage recordings. He also was concerned that his insurance company had sent him a check directly for the ambulance service and did not send it to Comstar Billing Service. He was told that this was the first time we have heard of this happening. He thanked the board for their time.
4. The selectmen reviewed various correspondences that have been received and approved the A/P and Payroll for the week.
5. The selectmen approved several abatements for overpayment of taxes as was presented by the Acting Tax Collector.
6. The selectmen were advised of a request for a meeting with the Trustees of the North Branch Cemetery, they wish to prepare a warrant article for the Town to assume control of the cemetery. The selectmen agreed to meet with them at the next selectmen's meeting.
7. The selectmen asked the Town Administrator to advise all committees to be sure that they are properly recording minutes of their meetings. The selectmen will have a master book setup for the recording of all minutes, starting with the month of January 2008.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30 P.M the next meeting will be held on January7th starting at 6:00 P.M.