April 8th, 2008
Selectmen Meeting Minutes of April 7th, 2008
Present: M. Genest, S. Schacht, G. Webber, W. Prokop
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of March 17th.
2. The selectmen were advised that the Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector's position has been filled by Joyce Davison.
3. The selectmen reviewed the Department Head meeting schedule and the invitation to attend a Regional Selectmen's meeting in Hancock on May 3rd..
4. The selectmen were advised of grants received from the state for flood damage in April of 2007 and for Police cruiser cameras.
5. The selectmen approved the hiring of a replacement part-time person for the ARTS Department to replace Glen Titcomb, who has replaced Norm Cody. Norm retired due to health issues.
6. The selectmen reviewed the insurance program from LGC and agreed to extend the current coverage.
7. The selectmen approved and voted in favor of the appointment of J. Robidoux as a fireman; D. Crafts and J. Griffin as members of the ZBA; F. Scales and D. Winchester as alternates to the ZBA; and P. Taylor as an alternate to the Planning Board.
8. The selectmen voted to advise T. Davis that they cannot approve his request to waive taxes on the deeded property he planned on purchasing per his request.
9. The selectmen approved the use of D. Thorell as an inspector of excavation sites within the Town. The Town Administrator will advise the Town Planner of the approval.
10... The selectmen approved the A/P and payroll for the week and reviewed miscellaneous correspondence.
11. The selectmen are very concerned about legislation that is being put forward at the state level as it pertains to HB 1127, HB 1436, and HB 1645. M. Genest will be in contact with our representatives and our senator to make them aware of their concerns.
The meeting adjourned at 6:45 P.M. The next meeting will be April 28th at 5:00 P.M. The meeting will be a review of department operations for Police, Highway, ARTS, and Park and Recreation.