Selectmen Meeting Minutes of June 2nd, 2008
Present: M. Genest, S. Schacht, G. Webber, W. Prokop, S. Bonacci.
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of May 12th.
2. The selectmen were advised of the following:
a. The Block Grant from the State will be reduced this year by about $7,000.00
b. The advertisement for the “Deeded” property that the Town is selling is being
run and the bid opening will be on June 12th at 5:00 P.M.
c. The Fire Department physicals will begin on Tuesday, June 17th.
d. The alarm systems at Water & Sewer and at the 2 fire stations have been
reviewed by our alarm company and they will be making a proposal to us.
e. We did receive a response from DES regarding our letter and they will be
sending someone to Antrim to answer questions of our residents regarding
the impact of the Shoreland Protection Act.
f. The “Safe Routes to School” committee would like to put a “Stop Sign” at the
intersection of West Street and School Street. After some discussion the Board
felt that a “Stop Sign” is not warranted by that a “Caution or Crosswalk ahead”
sign would be more appropriate for that area.
g. The Town of Antrim was one of 4 towns chosen by NH Municipal
Managers/Local Government Center to receive funding for the services of an
Intern, who is studying for the Masters in government management, to work in
The town for a full semester of more this fall.
3. The selectmen Met with a resident to work out a payment plan for his past due taxes. A plan was agreed too and all his past due taxes will be paid up in full by September 30th, 2008. A formal letter will be sent to the resident detailing the payment agreement.
4. The selectmen were given the following bridge update:
a. North Main Street – On May 29th the state gave their approval for us to proceed
with the project as a “Municipal Managed” project. Easements and bid request
will be finalized within the month and we are hopeful that construction can
begin in July. Completion should be by November 1st or sooner.
b. North Branch – The state has approved our going ahead with our engineering
and design plans. This is now underway.
c. Bennington/Antrim – Phase I Rehabilitation the “scope and fee have been
approved by the state. Work will begin shortly.
d. White Birch Pt. Bridge – work is now complete except for final paving topcoat
this is scheduled for June 8th.
5. The selectmen voted to go into non-public session at 5:35 P.M. per RSA 91.4:a to discuss legal and personnel issues.
6. The selectmen voted to go back to public session at 6:25 P.M. they voted to seal the minutes of the non-public session.
7. The selectmen reviewed and agreed to a retirement plan schedule for the Road Agent, Robert Varnum which will run through 12/31/2009. This was established now to insure compliance with the NH Retirement System regulations.
8. The Board asked selectmen Webber to find out at the next Recreation Commission meeting, where the Recreation Commission and the Recreation Land sub-committee stand on pursuing discussions with the Maharishi School about developing a plan for a cooperative use of recreation facilities.
9. The selectmen agreed to send a letter to the editor thanking Representative Irwin and her committee for the work they did on the NH Retirement Plan.
10... The selectmen approved the A/P and payroll for the week and reviewed miscellaneous correspondence.
The meeting adjourned at 6:55 P.M. The next meeting will be a work session with Bennington, Deering, and Hancock to discuss regional issues. The meeting will be Thursday, June 5th at 5:00 P.M. at the Hancock Town Office. The next regular selectmen’s meeting will be June 23rd at 5:00 P.M. at Town Hall.