August 12th, 2008
Selectmen Meeting Minutes of August 11th, 2008
Present: M. Genest, S. Schacht, G. Webber, W. Prokop, C. Holden, P. Davies, D. Boule, C. Salamy, M. Healy, K. Kimball, P. Thomas.
1. The selectmen approved the minutes of the meeting of July 14th..
2. The selectmen were presented with review of the Right to Know Law by County Commissioner, C. Holden. She also wanted to be sure that the selectmen were aware of the services offered to the Town by the County.
3. The selectmen were presented with a review of the Brownfields and Economic Development Plans that are now underway through the Southwest Region Planning Commission.
4. The selectmen opened the Bids received for the 1997 Town dump truck, and the police cruiser. The successful bidder was: R. Holt for the dump truck with a bid of $4,444.00. No bids were received for the police cruiser.
5. The selectmen were advised by the Town Administrator of the following:
a. Heating Oil pricing with Conval system @ $3.896/ gal. fixed. The selectmen
asked the Town Administrator to check with the other oil companies as to
current pricing and if they are higher to go ahead and join in with Conval at the
b. The request of the Energy Committee to add one new member, Jess Baribault
to the committee. The selectmen voted to approve this request.
c. The selectmen signed the renewal of the agreement with Dennis Thorell, for
Timber cut reviews.
d. Request from Hillsborough Youth Services to meet to discuss 2009 Diversion
Program. The selectmen want to look into this more and will follow up on this
e. The Town of Stoddard is in agreement with perambulation report which will
now be filed with the Registry of Deeds.
f. A request by Treasurer of Antrim Ambulance Assn. that invoices from selected
vendors be sent to the associations PO Box has been denied. The selectmen
asked the Town Administrator to write a memo to the Fire Chief advising him
of this request and the Board’s decision.
g. Maharishi School has not had any feedback regarding their proposal to share
recreational fields. They have secured their phase I funding and have
started work and would like to work with Town if there is interest. This will be
followed up with the Recreation Commission by Selectman Webber.
h. Date for a meeting with Water and Sewer Commissioners is tentatively set for
September 15th at 5:00 P.M. This will be confirmed.
6. The selectmen were advised by the W. Prokop that the North Main Street Bridge project has now been started.
7. The selectmen approved the payroll and A/P for the week and reviewed miscellaneous correspondence.
8. The selectmen voted to go into Non-Public session per RSA 91:4a at 5:55 P.M. to discuss personnel issues.
9. The selectmen returned into public session at 8:20 P.M.
10. The selectmen voted to seal the minutes of the non-public session.
11. The selectmen announced that they are prepared to make an offer to Lt. Scott Lester, an Antrim resident and a member of the Peterborough Police Department, to become Antrim’s Chief of Police. This offer will be contingent on Lt. Lester’s acceptance and the completion of a background check and a physical exam.
12. The selectmen accepted the letter of resignation from W. Prokop as the Town Administrator, effective September 11th, 2008.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00 P.M. The next regular selectmen’s meeting will be August 25th at 5:00 P.M. at Town Hall.