Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
November 17, 2008
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Michael Genest in the Little Town Hall at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Michael Genest, Steve Schacht, and Gordon Webber
Staff Present: Neal Cass (Town Administrator), Matt Henry (Intern).
Media Present: Josh Bond-Monadnock Ledger Transcript, Michael
1. Approval of Minutes
VOTE: Selectman Webber moved that the minutes of the November 3, 2008 meeting be accepted as printed. Selectman Schacht seconded the motion. There being no further discussion, Chairman Genest call for the vote. All members voted in favor and the Chairman declared the motion carried.
2. Review of all Town Budgets
Selectmen reviewed all the department budgets as they had been presented. During the review the following items were discussed:
· The Parks and Recreation Committee will be scheduled to meet with the Board to discuss the tractor proposal and life guard salaries. It was noted that the Shea Field is well maintained by volunteer labor and this should be considered when review the tractor purchase and on-going maintenance costs. The Board would also like an update on the land search committee.
· The Town Administrator will be in contact with the Teen Center concerning budget allotment for them.
· The Town Administrator will prepare a list of capital building projects.
· More discussion is needed on the police space issue and the availability of TIF funds for a new site and station.
· Selectman Webber suggested cutting the Selectmen salary in half.
· After much discussion it was decided that 2% salary increases will be allotted to each department.
· A review of health plan options will take place prior to the July 1 renewal.
· Selectmen asked Administrator Cass to review hours and salaries for government buildings.
· After discussion the Board decided to the leave the Building Inspector’s hours at the current 28 hours per week, but look for him to be involved in more training.
· The Library Trustees will be asked to meet with the Board concerning the library budget.
3. After review of the properties up for tax deed, the Board supported the Tax Collector proceeding with the deeding process.
4. Board member received and will review a draft Purchasing Policy.
5. The Town Administrator will send a letter to SR Jones awarding the Holt Hill project. Work will begin in the spring. Selectmen Webber raised objection to this stating that the project should go out to bid, but the other members did not concur.
6. Selectmen decided to meet next Monday at 5:00 p.m., a meeting that was not originally scheduled. They will continue to review budgets.
7. Town Administrator Updates.
a. There was an accident with the fire truck running into the fire station. The insurance claim has been submitted.
b. The Water and Sewer Department has come to an agreement with abutter Gary Russell for property in Bennington. The agreement will be signed by Mr. Russell and then brought to the Board for signature.
c. The annual report won third place for towns with a population of 1,501 to 3,000 in the annual Local Government Center Town Report Contest. The plaque will be displayed at Town Hall.
There being no further business, the Board decided by consensus to adjourn at 7:10 p.m. The next meeting will be Monday, November 24, 2008 at 5:00 p.m.
Recorder: Neal A. Cass
Date: November 19, 2008