Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
October 19, 2009
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Stephen Schacht at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Steven Schacht, Gordon Webber, and Michael Genest
Staff Present: Nancy Torres (Administrative Assistant)
Media Present: Josh Bond - Monadnock Ledger-Transcript.
Michael Pon - Villager
1. Acceptance of the minutes of previous Board of Selectmen meeting.
VOTE: Selectman Genest moved that the minutes of;
October 19, 2009 Meeting – Public and Nonpublic Session 1
Selectmen Genest motioned, Non-public and public Sessions shall be accepted as presented. Selectman Webber seconded the motion. There being no further discussion, Chairman Schacht called for the vote. All members voted in favor and the Chairman declared the motion carried.
2. -Reviewed letter from Barry Andreasen; Regard property on Old Branch Road (map 213 lot 71). Selectmen Webber will make a site visit, Chip Craig will be informed of the request. Deferred to next meeting on October 26, 2009
-Reviewed Barsanti letter
-Discussed United Way letter, offer to employees
3. Meeting with Leslie Belliveau: update on Police Station, discussed putting together a package to present at the Town meeting. The goal is to purchase as a turn key operation. Discussed the roles of Richard Monahon and John Pietroniro.
4. Met with Mr. and Mrs. Castilano regarding Reed Carr Road. Mr. Castilano’s concerns were that the bump in the road was causing injury to his wife and that it needed to be repaired. He had talked with the State DOT on several occasions and was told by the State DOT that it was a Town problem.
Remedy: Request that Road Agent Chip Craig meet with the State DOT and try to work out a solution.
5. Non-public Session – RSA 91-D: Bezio
VOTE: Selectman Webber moved that the Board of Selectmen enter into Non-Public session under the provision of RSA 91-D: Consideration or negotiation for sale of property: Bezio .
Chairman Schacht seconded the motion. Chairman Schacht called for the vote. Selectman Webber, Genest and Chairman Schacht voted in favor and the Chairman declared the motion carried.
The Board entered Non-Public Session at 6:30 p.m. returning to open session at 7:15 p.m.
VOTE: Selectman Webber moved that the minutes of the just concluded Non-Public Session be sealed. Chairman Schacht seconded the motion. There being no further discussion, Chairman Schacht called for the vote. All members present voted in favor and the Chairman declared the motion carried.
There being no further business, the Board decided by consensus to adjourn at 7:18 p.m.
Recorder: Nancy Torres
Date: October 19, 2009