Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
November 9, 2009
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Stephen Schacht at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Steven Schacht, Gordon Webber, and Michael Genest
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
Nancy Torres (Administrative Assistant)
Media Present: Michael Pon - Villager
1. Acceptance of the minutes of previous Board of Selectmen meeting.
VOTE: Selectman Webber moved that the minutes of;
October 26, and October 29, 2009 Meeting shall be accepted as presented. Selectman Genest seconded the motion. There being no further discussion, Chairman Schacht called for the vote. All members voted in favor and the Chairman declared the motion carried.
2. Discussion on correspondence
3. Budget workshop with the following department;
4. Board Member update / announcements.
5. Town Administrator updates;
-Re-valuation, is completed.
-MS-1 is complete and is ready to be sent to the Department of Revenue Administration. The Town Administrator will set up a meeting with DRA to set the tax rate.
-2008 draft audit report, the audit report identified a deficit which exceeds $1.2 million dollars which has accrued over the past few years. The Town Administrator presented the Board with three options to consider in order rectify the problem. The board will consider the options presented to them.
6. Deputy Treasure appointed
Treasure Ben Pratt recommended Eric Tenney.
Selectman Webber moved that Eric Tenney be appointed as Deputy Treasure,
Selectman Genest seconded the motion. There being no further discussion,
Chairman Schacht called for the vote. All members voted in favor.
7. Letter from Barry Andeasen - Town Administrator will send Mr. Andeasen a letter stating that the Board grants him access to drive through PSNH/ town easement to access his land.
There being no further business, the Board decided by consensus to adjourn
at 6:45 p.m.
Recorder: Nancy Torres
Date: November 9, 2009