Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
December 7, 2009
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. by Vice Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Michael Genest at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber, and Michael Genest
Steven Schacht excused
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. Selectman Webber moved to approve the minutes of November 9, 2009 meeting, Selectman Genest seconded the motion. Passed 2-0
2. Mrs. Edwards spoke to the board concerning issues created / left from North Main St. project:
· Rocks along stonewall need to be cleaned up.
· Drainage problems leaving standing water in field.
· Paved driveway was not re-paved when job was completed.
· Paved apron for upper driveway was removed but never replaced
· Distance between catch-basins allows runoff from road to pool in driveway
· Small rocks fell out of fieldstone wall during road construction, requested 4 quotes to repair, received 2 no quotes and 1 for $6,000 and 1 for $6,300
TA will contact Peter Pitsas from Underwood to review issues.
3. Chief Lester presented the Police Department proposed 2010 budget and noted that approximately 30 hours of overtime was in support of the Home & Harvest. Mike Genest commented that with everything that was going on in the last few weeks that the BOS would like to see all departments reduce their budgets by 5%.
4. Christen Vance representing the Grapevine spoke about how Antrim has supported the teen center with $6,000 the last few years and requested the same funding for 2010.
There being no further business, the Board decided by consensus to adjourn
at 6:45 p.m.