Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
March 8, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Stephen Schacht at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Stephen Schacht, Gordon Webber, and Michael Genest
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. The board reviewed the Selectmen’s minutes for Feb. 8, 2010 Amended and Feb. 22, 2010. Mr. Webber motioned to accept the minutes as written, Mr. Genest seconded the motion. Passed 3/0.
2. Mr. Schacht gave the board an update on the Planning Board hearing for the MET Tower. Mr. Webber complemented Planning Board Chairman Scott Burnside for a well run meeting.
3. The board met with Town Moderator Robert Flanders to discuss the upcoming Town Meeting and requested copies of the proposed budget and the posted warrant, Mr. Stearns will provide these to Mr. Falnders.
4. Mr. Stearns presented a donation from the Peterborough Volleyball League to the Parks & Recreation department in the amount of $389.00 to be deposited in the Parks & Recreation Revolving Fund. Mr. Genest motioned to accept the donation, Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
5. Request from Fire Chief Beauchamp to officially change the secondary dispatch for Fire & EMS to the Capital Area Mutual Aid dispatch. Mr. Genest motioned to approve the request, Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
6. Police Chief Lester presented a request to apply for a State Aid Grant of $6,084.00 for extra traffic patrols from April 1, 2010 through September 15, 2010 between the hours of 6:00 am – 10:00 am and 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm. This is for extra enforcement on state highways. Mr. Webber motioned to approve Chief Lester applying for the grant, Mr. Genest seconded the motion. Passed 3/0
7. Police Chief Lester gave the board an update on the police station and will present this at the Town meeting.
8. The board discussed the Energy Committee and the current membership. Chairman Schacht addressed Ms. Nelken’s request to be appointed to the committee and that a trial appointment would be conditional on the committees continued harmonious working relationship. Mr. Webber motioned to appoint Ms. Doris “Shelley” Nelkens to the Energy Committee with the previously stated condition, Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
9. The board discussed a request from Mr. Scott Wheeler for a letter supporting the granting of a liquor license for Malarkeys Village Café at 54 Main Street to serve beer and wine. The board questioned what the hours of operation of the café would be and if Chief Lester had been consulted about the request. Overall the board is in favor of sending a letter in support but wants to understand the hours of operation and to insure that the police department is aware of the request and that it is a permitted use in this location.
10. Mr. Thomas LoPizzo, from the Local Government Center gave the board an update on the services and benefits offered by the LGC to member towns and urged Antrim to avail itself of these services.
11. Mr. Webber spoke about the meeting which was held last Thursday on the petition article to form a budget committee in Antrim. After some discussion, the consensus of the board was that they are in favor of an advisory budget committee.
12. Mr. Webber stated that this was Mr. Schacht’s last meeting as a member of the Board of Selectmen and thanked him for all his time and efforts on behalf of Antrim. Mr. Genest also thanked him for his service to the town.
13. Non-Public Session, Mr. Webber moved and Mr. Genest seconded to enter into a non-public session under RSA 91-A:3: II a, b, & c Personnel issue. Roll call vote – all members “yes”.
There being no further business, the Mr. Webber motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest seconded, passed 3/0 at 9:16 pm