Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
May 10, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Gordon Webber at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber, Michael Genest and Eric Tenney
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. The board reviewed the Selectmen’s minutes for April 22, 2010, Mr. Genest motioned to accept the minutes as written, Mr. Webber seconded the motion. Passed 3/0.
2. Board member updates: Mr. Genest gave an update on SAC and stated that they have three projects:
a. Look at the school funding formula
b. Look at what small schools are costing the district
c. Look at what the school board make up is for each town
3. Mr. Webber gave an update on the planning board.
4. The Road Agent, Chip Clark presented paving bids for Holt Hill, these were:
a. Sullivan Brothers Paving, Inc. - $12,600
b. Mathewson Companies, Inc. - $12,936
c. Brox Industries Inc. - $14,000
Mr. Genest motioned to award the bid to Sullivan Brothers Paving, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion. Passed 3/0
5. Mr. Stearns presented the selectmen with a list of donations to the Parks and Recreation Department, these are:
a. For Baseball and Softball:
i. Rik and Dianes $250
ii. Antrim Lumber $225
iii. Edmunds $225
iv. Iron Dragon Welding $200
v. Antrim Bennington Lions Club $225
vi. R. Storro Res. Imp. $50
vii. G.A. Perry & Associates $300
viii. Antrim Friends of Recreation $60
ix. Tenney Farm $225
x. Bellow Nichols Insurance $250
b. Antrim in the Evening:
i. Antrim Friends of Recreation $500
ii. G.A. Perry & Associates $500
iii. Webber Masonry and Tile $500
iv. Laconia Savings Bank $250
v. Robblee Tree $250
vi. Dugre Auto $150
vii. Crotched Mountain Foundation $300
Mr. Genest motioned to accept these donations with thanks, Mr. Tenney seconded. Passed 3/0
6. Mr. Stearns presented a purchase order from the Parks & Recreation Department for soccer goals which will be reimbursed by the school department after July 1st. Mr. Tenney motioned to approve the purchase, Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
7. Mr. Stearns updated the board that Graham & Graham had sent an e-mail saying that they were available the week of May 17th to work on the forensic audit but that is the same week that Vachon Clukay will be performing the 2009 year end audit. The board requested that Graham & Graham be invited to attend the next BOS meeting to discuss the forensic audit.
8. 5:27 PM Mr. Webber opened the Public Hearing on the Parking Regulations. Mr. Stearns read the Public Hearing Notice:
The Antrim Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM in the Little Town Hall at the Antrim Town Hall to consider adoption of proposed amendments to the current Parking Regulations.
There was not public input on the regulations, Mr. Genest motioned to accept the amendments, Mr. Tenney seconded. Passed 3/0
9. Mr. Stearns presented a request to re-key the locks in the Town hall as well as the installation of two additional card readers to improve the security of the offices. The board felt that the re-keying should be sent out for RFP’s while the card reader would be single sourced by the company who installed the card reader system. Chip Clark ask if the Highway garage could be included in having the locks re-keyed and the board agreed that the Highway Garage should be included in the RFP. Mr. Tenney motioned to approve the installation of two additional card readers by Skywave Safety Inc. for $1,491.23 and a maximum price of $1,731.71 if they run into solid concrete filled blocks around the doors., Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
10. Mr. Stearns presented a proposal from Regency Mechanical for the HVAC Maintenance; the board discussed the proposal and would like futher information concerning items 3 & 4 on the proposal. Mr. Genest motioned to accept item 1 of the proposal to maintain on a bi-annual basis the HVAC system in the Town Hall for $744.00 per year, Mr. Tenney seconded. Passed 3/0
11. Mr. Stearns presented the board with 7 abatement request which have been reviewed by Commerford Neider Perkins who recommended granting 4 and denying 3. Mr. Webber motioned to accept the recommendations of the Assesor, Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0.
12. Mr. Stearns presented the board with a request for property tax abatement under the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act. After discussion the intent of the Act is for the persons primary residence. Mr. Genest motioned to deny the request, Mr. Tenney seconded. Passed 3/0
13. Mr. Stearns presented correspondence from the Conservation Commision requesting that Peter Beblowski and Ron Cheetham be re-appointed to the Conservation Commision. Mr. Genest motioned and Mr. Tenney seconded to appoint them. Passed 3/0
14. Mr. Webber motioned to appoint Mr. Tenney as the Ex-Officio member to the Budget Advisory Committee, Mr. Genest seconded. Passed 3/0
15. Non-Public Session, Mr. Genest moved and Mr. Tenney seconded to enter into a non-public session under RSA 91-A:3: II c Reputations. Roll call vote – all members “yes”.
There being no further business, the Mr. Webber motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest seconded, passed 3/0 at 7:20 pm