Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.


Antrim Community
Meetings Calendar
Hours & Contacts
Town Departments
Parks & Recreation
James Tuttle Library
Business Directory
Subscribe to News
Send Us Comments
Home Page

Site  This Folder
 
Advanced Search



Selectmen's Meeting Minutes 06/28/2010
Spacer
Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
Meeting Minutes
June 28, 2010

The meeting was called to order at 5:02 pm by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Gordon Webber at the Antrim Town Hall.

Members Present:        Gordon Webber, Michael Genest (arrived at 5:05) and Eric Tenney
Staff Present:  Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)

1.      Mr. Genest reported on the SAC meeting and stated that their main focus of discussions will be small schools and an SRO.  Ms. Nelkin asked the board where the issue of the busing stood and the board stated that this was a School Board issue and that she should attend their next meeting to get the answers.
2.      Mr. Webber stated that the Planning Board had conducted site walks of developments that have been started/approved but have had no current activity.
3.      Police Chief Lester presented the board with the contract with the NH Fish and Game for the OHRV extended patrol program.  Chief Lester stated that we have been participating in this grant program for the last 4 years.  Mr. Genest motioned and Mr. Tenney seconded to have the Chief apply for the grant.  Passed 3/0.
4.      Mr. Stearns presented the board with an timber cut abatement request from the Maharishi Academy.  The documentation presented showed that the actual sale price for the logs was less than the estimated revenue.  Mr. Genest motioned o grant the abatement request in the amount of #$2,281.25, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion.  Passed 3/0
5.      Mr. Stearns presented a letter from New England Forestry Consultants requesting permission to work within the Town’s right-of-way on Whitney Road which is a Class VI road.  Mr. Genest motioned to approve this request, Mr. Webber seconded the motion.  Passed 3/0
6.      Highway Agent Chip Craig spoke to the board about a visit from the NH DES to the Highway Department and the discussion about the fuel storage area.  The current tanks are mounted in a concrete bunker which is cracked and will not contain a spill if one happened.  Mr. Stearns explained that this has been discussed earlier and would be a budget request for the Highway Department and that Mr. Craig has started researching fuel vaults.  Mr. Craig explained that the recommendation would be to move the site of the fuel storage area and to build a covered area where the tank would be covered and the vehicles would be on a covered cement pad during refueling to protect area incase of any spill or dripping.  Mr. Genest inquired about the cost difference between a vault and a bunker.  Mr. Craig will continue to research costs for budget presentation.
7.      Mr. Stearns spoke to the board about the possibility of hiring local youths to mow the cemeteries.  Currently the Highway Department is mowing them but this is not an efficient use of this labor.  Mr. Stearns will contact the Cemetery Trustees to discuss the mowing of the cemeteries.
8.      Soccer field usage – Mr. Webber mentioned that last week he had been contacted by Craig Hicks School Board Chairman asking why Antrim was charging Peterborough $35.00 for the use of Shea Field.  Ms. Lunetta explained that the Peterborough Rec. Department normally used the ConVal fields for their summer soccer program but the fields at ConVal were unavailable this year and they had asked if they could use Antrim’s field.  She stated that Peterborough had been told that they were welcome to use the field but would need to pay $35.00 per game for the material to stripe the field.  Mr. Webber stated that he had then spoken to Peterborough Town Administrator Pam Brenner who had stated that if we charged for their use of the field then Peterborough would have to charge Antrim for the use of their pool and any other service.  Mr. Stearns will follow up with Ms. Brenner.
9.      Mr. Genest asked about the status of painting the crosswalks and Mr. Stearns stated that we are working with the State through the Safe Routes to School program for a grant for the cost of the paint.  Mr. Genest motioned to pay for the paint out of the general fund if there is no confirmation of the grant in the next week, Mr. Tenney seconded.  Passed 3/0
10.     Ms. Nelkin inquired about what company was awarded the contract for the heating and air conditioning when the Town Hall was renovated 10 years ago.  Mr. Stearns will try to find the documentation.
11.     Mr. Jones inquired about the paving of Holt Hill Road and if it was to narrow.  The Board will visit to review.
12.     Ms. Edwards stated that she would be in at the next meeting to inquire about the status of her request for the Town to correct the No. Main Street issues on her property.

There being no further business, the Mr. Tenney motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber seconded, passed 3/0 at 6:51 pm



 
Town of Antrim, NH P.O. Box 517, 66 Main Street Antrim, NH 03440
Phone: (603) 588-6785    Fax: (603) 588-2969    antrimatc@tds.net    Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Virtual Towns & Schools Website