Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
September 27, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 5:03 pm by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Gordon Webber at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber and Eric Tenney (Michael Genest excused)
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. Mr. David Duffy stated that he would be tape recording the meeting.
2. Mr. Webber motioned to accept the minutes of September 13, 2010, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion. Passed 2/0.
3. Mr. Stearns gave the board copies of RSA 128 detailing the duties of the Town Health Officer as requested at the last meeting. The board felt that the position should be advertised.. Mr. Stearns will advertise the position
4. Mr. Stearns presented the board with copies of a letter received from Mr. Mathew Chauncey who has requested that it be read into the minutes of the selectmen’s meeting. Mr. Stearns summarized the points of his letter as follows:
a. Conditions of Bridle Road – concerned with the stormwater from the road draining through his property
b. Budget – Concern raised about the deficit identified by the audit and statements that the deficit will be eliminated by the end of the year.
c. Road safety – Concerns raised about the safety on several road which have sharp curves, specifically Gregg Lake Road, Elm Avenue and Smith Road.
d. Access to financial records – stated he has requested document under RSA 91 and is waiting for bids to have a copier delivered to the Town Hall so that he can copy the 1,683 pages identified per his request.
5. Mr. Stearns requested that the funds for the Highway Department fuel tank removal and clean-up be taken from the contingency fund as this was an unfunded / non-budgeted project. Mr. Webber motioned to allow the funds to come from the contingency fund, Mr. Tenney seconded. Motion passed 2/0
6. Ms. Jeanne Baker –
a. Signs – Ms. Baker addressed the board as a follow up to her request at an earlier BOS meetings concerning having signs placed along Gregg Lake road to try and slow traffic. She presented the board with a proposal identifying 9 sign to be placed along Gregg Lake Road. The board took the request under advisement and will review.
b. Ms. Nelkens inquired if the Police Department was going to institute a pedestrian program with the schools to educate the children on which side of the road they should walk on. Mr. Webber stated that he would follow up with Chief Lester.
7. Mr. Duffy –
a. Holt Hill Road - Mr. Duffy questioned if the Town was going to pave the ditches on the side of Holt Hill Road to create a wider travel way. Mr. Webber stated that the Town was not doing any further work on this road. Mr. Duffy stated that the paving does not meet the Town’s specifications for paved roads. Mr. Stearns explained that the catch basin as you start up the road is not located per the engineering plan and is in the travel way by 4 feet which reduced the travel way that can be paved.
b. Routine maintenance - Mr. Duffy asked why none of the items he pointed out a few weeks ago had been addressed. Mr. Clark stated that some of them have been done. Roadside mowing has begun last week, brush removal has been started and other routine items were being addressed as time permitted.
c. Road agent contract – Mr. Duffy requested a copy of the Road Agent’s employment contract and stated that he has requested this from Mr. Stearns in the past and has not received it. Mr. Stearns explained that the Town does not have an employment contract with the Road Agent. Mr. Webber explained that he is an employee at will.
d. Mr. Duffy requested a non-public meeting with the Selectmen and the Road Agent.
8. Non-Public Session, Mr. Webber moved and Mr. Tenney seconded to enter into a non-public session under RSA 91-A:3: II c & e Reputations and Legal. Roll call vote – Mr. Webber “yes”, Mr. Tenney “yes”. The board went into non-public at 6:17 PM and returned to public session at 6:30 PM
There being no further business, the Mr. Tenney motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber seconded, passed 2/0 at 6:30 PM.