Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
October 18, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Gordon Webber at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber, Eric Tenney and Michael Genest
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. Mr. Genest motioned to accept the minutes of October 4, 2010, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion. Passed 3/0
2. Mr. Genest motioned to accept the non-public minutes of October 4, 2010, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion. Passed 3/0
3. Mr. Genest stated that the next Selectmen’s Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting would be October 28th.
4. Mr. Stearns presented the board with a draft of the Personnel Policy revision and requested that the board review and give him comments and suggestions for any changes that they would like included.
5. Mr. Burnside presented that board with a Contractor’s Application for Payment for the Water Street bridge project and stated that the guard rail portion has been held back until the section of railing that the board has rejected has been dealt with. Mr. Burnside asked if the board would like to review the project now or wait until the guard railing is completed and the board decided that they would review the project on October 27 at 7:30 AM.
6. Mr. Stearns told the board that we have been receiving complaints from some residents about dangerous trees believed to be in the Town’s right-of-way that need to be removed. A complaint was received from 9 Elm Street about a dead tree that has branches that are falling off and a complaint from 15 High Street about 5 trees that appear to be dead. Mr. Duffy spoke about a tree near 64 Pleasant Street and Ms. Nelkens spoke about a tree by 11 No. Main Street that appears to be dead. Mr. Stearns with have the Highway Agent look at these trees.
7. The Library Trustees presented their proposed 2011 budget
8. Mr. Stearns presented the budgets for: administration (4150), Assessing (4152), Legal (4153), General Government (4199), Animal Control (4414) and Patriotic Purposes (4583). Mr. Genest requested that the 2009 budget figures be presented with all the budget, Mr. Stearns will include these figures in future presentations.
9. Mr. Duffy –
a. Highway vehicles – asked if the two that the town is disposing of will be replaced next year, Mr. Stearns stated that they will not be.
b. Accuracy of minutes – stated that the minutes are very brief and not always accurate. Mr. Webber stated that the LGC guidelines for minutes are to keep them brief and that they should not be a transcript of the meetings. Mr. Tenney stated that only official actions (votes) by the board need to be accurately recorded.
c. Posting of minutes – stated that minutes are not posted on the website in a timely fashion or on the bulletin board. Mr. Stearns stated that the minutes do not get posted on the website until after they are approved by the Selectmen and that minutes are available with-in 72 as required by the RSA’s.
10. Non-Public Session, Mr. Genest moved and Mr. Tenney seconded to enter into a non-public session under RSA 91-A:3: II a Employees. Roll call vote – Mr. Webber “yes”, Mr. Tenney “yes”, Mr. Genest “yes”. The board went into non-public at 8:45 PM and returned to public session at 9:50 PM.
There being no further business, the Mr. Tenney motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber seconded, passed 3/0 at 9:51 PM.