Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
October 4, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Gordon Webber at the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Gordon Webber, Eric Tenney and Michael Genest
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. Ms. Nelkens stated that she had inquired at a previous meeting about when property that was listed as owner unknown was going to tax deed. The board stated that Mr. Stearns would be looking into the tax deeding and would be getting back to the boards.
2. Mr. Webber motioned to accept the minutes of September 27, 2010, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion. Passed 2/0/1
3. Mr. Webber motioned to accept the non-public minutes of September 27, 2010, Mr. Tenney seconded the motion. Passed 2/0/1
4. Mr. Stearns informed the board that the University of New Hampshire would be presenting a Forest Laws Workshop for municipal officials on Nov. 4th at the Antrim Town Hall.
5. Mr. Stearns presented the board with a request to dispose of two (2) Highway Department vehicles. He stated that if we want to sell them through the State auction that the auction was taking place Oct. 16th and we would have to have the board authorize these vehicles to be sold. The board discussed that the past practice has been to advertise the vehicles in the paper and sell through sealed bids. Mr. Stearns will write up ads for the papers.
6. Mr. Stearns told the board that the Highway Department was back to regular hours and would be working Monday – Friday 8 hours per day.
7. Mr. Stearns presented the board with his proposal for next years budgets showing that the benefits have been separated from one large budget into the individual department budgets and asked the board if they were in agreement to continue this way. He stated that for the first year there would be significant changes to the individual department budgets but would show the department changes without the inclusion of the benefit costs.
8. Ms. Bezio stated that the No. Main St. drain by the bridge was starting to plug up with leaves and suggested that the screen be removed for the fall and winter and re-installed in the spring. Mr. Stearns will speak with the Road Agent. Ms. Bezio praised the efforts of the Highway Department and stated that with over 42 miles of roads to plow and maintain and only a staff of 5 that she thought that they deserved recognition for the good job that they were doing.
9. Non-Public Session, Mr. Genest moved and Mr. Tenney seconded to enter into a non-public session under RSA 91-A:3: II b & c Hiring and Reputations. Roll call vote – Mr. Webber “yes”, Mr. Tenney “yes”, Mr. Genest “yes”. The board went into non-public at 7:53 PM and returned to public session at 9:00 PM. Mr. Webber motioned to seal the minutes of the non-public session, Mr. Genest seconded, passed 3/0
There being no further business, the Mr. Tenney motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber seconded, passed 3/0 at 9:01 PM.