Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
May 16, 2011
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Michael Genest in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Genest, Mr. Tenney and Mr. Robertson
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Robertson motioned and Mr. Tenney 2nd to approve the minutes of May 2, 2011. Passed 3/0
The board met with members of the Planning Board and discussed:
- Town Planner position
- Planning Board request to increase the legal line item budget
During discussions of the Town Planner position members of the Planning Board expressed that they felt that the Planning Board should have equal say in any personnel issues with this position, Mr. Genest pointed out that the Town Personnel policy clearly states that the BOS have the sole jurisdiction over Town employees.
The Planning Board feels that the position should be filled and that they want to be part of the hiring process. Mr. Stearns stated that at this time, he does not see the need to fill the position and that any sub-divisions or site plans submitted can be reviewed for the Planning Board by the Southwest Region Planning Commission that Antrim is a member of and that they have staff to perform these reviews for towns. The Planning Board will discuss the position at their next meeting.
The Planning Board requested that the Selectmen increase the budget line for Planning Department legal by $10,000 for legal representation at the SEC hearings. A lot of discussion ensued with many in the audience speaking against providing this funding. Mr. Genest and Mr. Robertson read letters received by the Board against providing this funding. Mr. Stearns was asked how the legal budget for the Planning Department had been expended and what has been expended from the Town legal budget for the SEC portion. Mr. Stearns stated that the Planning Department legal budget as of April 30, 2011 has had $1,323.63 expended by the Planning Board and $4,088.83 by the ZBA resulting in the budget being over-expended by $412.46. Mr. Stearns stated that the Town legal budget total amount is $28,000
and as of April 30, 2011 $570.54 has been expended due to the SEC hearings. Mr. Tenney motioned to increase the Planning Department legal budget by $3,000. There was no second, motion failed. Mr. Genest motioned NOT to increase the Planning Department legal budget by $10,000 for representation at the SEC hearings, Mr. Robertson seconded the motion. Motion passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned and Mr. Robertson 2nd to appoint Mr. Tenney as the Selectmen’s representative to the Ad-Hoc committee. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Tenney motioned and Mr. Genest 2nd to hire Upton and Sansoucy to negotiate a potential PILOT with Antrim Wind Energy working with Mr. Stearns. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Stearns presented a request from the State through UNH to provide our mapping data so that it can be included with the entire State mapping system. Mr. Genest motioned and Mr. Robertson 2nd to provide the State / UNH with our data. Passed 3/0
Ms. Lunetta explained to the Board about the 3.2 mile road races being held on May 16, June 20 and July 25.
Mr. Stearns handed out packages detailing the duties and responsibilities of a Health Officer for the Board to review and discuss at the next meeting.
Mr. Genest stated that in response to the question asked at the last meeting about the current use status of the land used for the met tower that the assessor had been asked and the answer was that because this was a temporary apparatus that it did not affect the current use status of the land.
- Mr. Genest motioned and Mr. Robertson 2nd to go into non-public per RSA 91-A:3 II b & e – Hiring and legal. Mr. Genest – yes, Mr. Tenney – yes, Mr. Robertson – yes. The board entered into non-public at 8:47 PM.
There being no further business, the Mr. Robertson motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 9:07 PM.