Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
September 19, 2011
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Michael Genest in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Genest and Mr. Robertson, Mr. Tenney
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Robertson motioned to accept minutes of September 6, 2011, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Tenney motioned to accept minutes of September 14, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to accept non-public minutes of September 6, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
Mr. Stearns updated the board on the request to serve alcohol at the Library during a fund raiser sponsored by the Historical Society and the Friends of the Library. While the Town is covered through the Town’s insurance carrier (LGC) they sent recommendations for holding a function in a town building with alcohol present. Mr. Stearns will forward these recommendations to Ms. Nichols and the Library Trustees.
- Mr. Stearns stated that he has contacted the business administrator for ConVal School District (Marian Alese) and the Town’s heating oil requirements will be added to the School Districts volume
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with appointment forms for Health Officer and Deputy Health Officer. Mr. Genest motioned to appoint Mr. Marshall Gale as the Health Officer, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0. Mr. Genest motioned to appoint Mr. Peter Hopkins as Deputy Health Officer, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
The Board received correspondence from MR. & Mrs. Barsanti, 28 Highland Avenue, concerning road drainage onto their property. Mr. Stearns will contact Underwood Engineering to get a copy of the plans that were used to correct the issue a couple of years ago and will draft a letter to Mr. & Mrs. Barsanti.
- Mr. Robertson motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II d Consideration of the acquisition, sale, or lease of real or personal property, Mr. Genest 2nd. Roll vote all in favor passed 3/0
The board returned to public session at 8:19 PM, Mr. Genest motioned to seal the minutes, Mr. Tenney 2nd, motion passed 3/0. There being no further business, the Mr. Robertson motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 8:21 PM.