Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
November 28, 2011
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Michael Genest in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Genest, Mr. Robertson and Mr. Tenney (arrived at 7:06)
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest motioned to accept minutes of November 7, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to accept sealed non-public minutes of November 7, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to accept minutes of November 10, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to accept sealed non-public minutes of November 10, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the 2011 Tax rate showing a decrease of $1.00 to $23.14 with the Town dropping $0.49, the School dropping $0.46 and the State school portion dropping $0.05.
- Mr. Stearns stated that Sheila Nichols submitted a letter of resignation from Supervisor of the Checklists. The Supervisors and the Town Clerk will make a recommendation in the future to fill the unexpired term. The board accepted Ms. Nichols’ resignation and will wait for input from the Town Clerk and the Supervisors of the Checklists.
- Mr. Stearns reminded the board that the Public Hearing on the proposed PILOT was Wednesday, November 30th.
- Budgets – the board reviewed the following department budgets
- 4550 - Library
- 4324 - ARTS
- 4130 - Town Officials
- 4155 – Employee Benefits
- 4194 – Government Buildings
- 4196 – General Insurance
- 4199 – Other General Government
- 4241 – Building Inspector
- 4290 – Emergency Management
- 4316 – Street Lighting
- 4319 – Trees & Hydrants
- 4320 – Equipment Lease
- There being no further business, the Mr. Robertson motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 8:09 PM.