Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
October 17, 2011
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Michael Genest in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Genest, Mr. Robertson and Mr. Tenney
Staff Present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Tenney motioned to accept minutes of October 3, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns stated that the 2000 Ford F750 truck had been advertised for sale and one bid for $900.00 had been received from Caleb Platt, Mr. Tenney motioned to accept the bid, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
Mr. Stearns stated that the 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Cruiser has been advertised for sale and letters sent to 12 companies informing them of the surplus cruiser. Sealed bids were received
- $2,058.00 – A and Silver Auto
- $1,891.00 – Bay Ridge Motors, Inc.
- $2,507.00 - Chicago Motors Inc.
$1,758.00 – Grace Quality Used Cars
- $1,612.00 – Jersey One Auto Sales, Inc.
Mr. Genest motioned to accept the highest bid, Mr. Tenney 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns reminded the board of the November 8, 2011 Special Town Meeting ballot vote and the need for the selectmen to be present.
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with a donation from Mr. Ben Pratt for the replacement of the culvert at the top of Little’s Lane for $680.00. Mr. Tenney motioned to accept the donation with thanks, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
Mr. Beblowski and Mr. Cheetham from the Conservation Commission spoke to the board about Campbell Pond and the need to formalize an easement to be able to access the property for timber harvest and access to the dam for inspection and maintenance. Mr. Beblowski said that a draft agreement has been made many years ago but never formalized. The Conservation commission would like to see arrangements made so that any money made from the sale of timber from the property is placed in a fund to be used for dam maintenance and maintenance of the property. The property may have to be designated as a Town Forest which wold take a warrant article. Mr. Stearns will research the steps needed to do this.
Chief Lester presented the board with the proposed Police Department 2012 budget. Mr. Stearns explained that we have not received actual numbers for health insurance at this time so a 10% increase is being used for now and that the budget would be modified when the actual numbers are received. Mr. Genest stated that the budget looked good for the first pass.
Mr. Genest asked the other board members if the board wanted to write a press release to explain to the voters the articles being presented at the Special Town Meeting and what the board thoughts and recommendations are for these articles. After discussions, the board asked Mr. Stearns to draft a press release for the boards review and approval.
Mr. Genest stated that the status of the section of Pierce Lake Road between lots 206-058 & 206-059 has been questioned. Research has shown that the road has not been incorporated into either abutting lots and neither property owner has been being taxed for this land. Mr. Stearns suggested that the roadway be posted for “Pedestrian access only”. Mr. Stearns will send letters to the abutters letting them know the Town’s intention.
- Mr. Genest motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II e Negotiations, Mr. Tenney 2nd. Roll vote all in favor passed 3/0
The board returned to public session at 9:04 PM, Mr. Genest motioned to seal the minutes, Mr. Tenney 2nd, motion passed 3/0. There being no further business, the Mr. Robertson motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 9:05 PM.