Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
May 14, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Eric Tenney in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Tenney, Mr. Robertson & Mr. Genest
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Tenney presented Plaques of appreciation for their years of service to Robert Flanders as Town Moderator (42 years) and Richard Edmunds as Assistant Fire Chief (44 years).
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of April 16, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Sealed Non-public minutes of April 16, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd,. Passed 3/0
Mr. Stearns presented the board with a request from the Fire Department and a quotation to replace the overhead doors at the center fire station. The board discussed the request and that it had not been budgeted for and agreed to review the request later in the year to see where the building maintenance budget stands..
Mr. Stearns presented .the Ambulance request to change billing services and the board requested Mr. Stearns to do more research on billing services.
Mr. Stearns informed the board that the Town has received a check for $10,272.79 from Graham & Graham as repayment for the forensic audit issue.
Mr. Stearns presented the board with a letter from the NHDOT stating that they were reviewing the possibility or shutting off some street lights throughout the state.
Mr. Stearns presented the board with a citizens request to create a dog walkers ordinance requiring them to clean up after their pets on the side of town roads, Chief Lester stated that our current ordinance already covers this request although it is very difficult to enforce as they have to actually see the offence happen in order to enforce.
Mr. Stearns presented the board with a request from the Road Agent to finish Holt Hill Road with a top coat of asphalt. The board requested that 3 bids be obtained.
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with a contract with 2 options for George Sansoucy to assess / reassess the utilities in Town. Option 1 for $8,000 would include PSNH, Steele Pond Hydro and Fairpoint and Option 2 would only be PSNH and Steele Pond Hydro for $5,000. Mr. Genest motioned to approve option 1 for $8,000, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II b & c Hiring & Reputations, Mr. Robertson 2nd, roll call vote all in favor.
The board returned from Non-public at 7:42 PM,
Mr. Genest stated that he would not be able to attend the Planning Board meeting this week.
- There being no further business, Mr. Robertson motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 8:02 PM