Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
June 25, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:04 PM by Chairman of the Board of Selectmen Eric Tenney in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Tenney, Mr. Robertson & Mr. Genest
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
1. Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of June 4, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
2. Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of June 20, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
3. Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Public Hearing minutes of June 20, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd,. Passed 3/0
4. Mr. Tenney motioned to approve the Public Hearing minutes of November 30, 2011, Mr. Robertson 2nd, Passed 2/0/1 with Mr. Genest abstaining
5. Mr. Stearns and Chief Lester presented the board with their recommendations from the proposals submitted for the architectural and engineering for the new Police Station. Mr. Stearns opened the cost proposals and read them to the board with Breadloaf’s fee proposal being $17,024 for pre-bond services and 8.5% for Design and Pre-construction services and 4.5% Construction Management and Baybutt’s fee proposal of $132,000 for Architecual and Engineering Services and 4.87% Construction management. After discussion among the board, Mr. Genest motioned to award the contract to Baybutt Construction and Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
6. Shelley Nelkens questioned the about the board about the Fire Department’s request a few weeks ago to replace the overhead doors at the Clinton Street Station. The board restated their position that this was not a budgeted item nor was it part of the Capital Improvement Plan and that the board would review the building maintenance budget this fall to see if there was money left to replace the doors. Mr. Stearns said that he has spoken with the Fire Chief and has been told that they understood that budget issues and if they are able to replace the doors this year then he would want the doors at the North Branch Station replaced at the same time.
7. Mr. Stearns presented correspondence that has been received from the NH DOT informing us of the decision to remove the streetlight at the intersection of Routes 9 & 31 and that there will be a meeting held at the District 4 DOT offices on July 11th to receive input from the towns affected by the States decisions to remove lights in their town. Mr. Stearns and Chief Lester will attend and request that this light remain. Mrs. Ann Edwards was present and said that the letter was very timely as she was present to ask what the process was to get a streetlight installed at the intersection of Goodell Road and Route 202. The board said that the request would have to be made to the DOT as this is on a State road. Mr. Stearns said that with the State looking to reduce the number of
streetlights that they pay for it is very unlikely that they will install new ones.
8. Mr. Stearns updated the board on the SEC Technical Session that was held on June 27 – 29th.
9. Mr. Genest motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II b & c Hiring & Reputations, Mr. Robertson 2nd, roll call vote all in favor.
10. The board returned from Non-public at 9:24 PM, Mr. Genest motioned to seal the minutes of Non-public session, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
11. There being no further business, Mr. Robertson motioned to adjourn, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 9:25 PM