Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
October 15, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Selectman Robertson in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Members Excused: Mr. Tenney
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of October 1, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Non-public minutes of October 1, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Stearns updated the board on the sealing the Town Gymnasium floor. At the last meeting the selectmen had agreed to have the sealing performed on October 5th & 6th Mr. Stearns explained that after receiving numerous e-mails and phone calls, including the Superintendent’s office and the Chairman of the School Board, the sealing has been postponed until December 21st.
- Mr. Stearns presented a letter of resignation from Peter Hopkins as Antrim’s Building Inspector. Both Mr. Genest and Mr. Robertson commented on their appreciation for the excellent job Mr. Hopkins has done for the Town and that he will be missed but wished him well in his retirement. Mr. Genest motioned to accept Mr. Hopkins resignation, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0
The board discussed the process for hiring a replacement for the building inspector and concluded that an advertisement should be placed in the paper. Mr. Stearns will place an advertisement in the newspaper.
Peter Beblowski, Conservation Commission Chairman, presented a request to the selectmen to allow the firm hired by the Conservation Commission (Moosewood Ecological LLC) to obtain the Town’s shape data from the Town’s GIS system. After discussion concerning the safeguarding of the Town’s data and that the data could only be used by the firm for the work being performed for the Conservation Commission.
Mr. Stearns presented the board with the request from the Ambulance Squad to change billing services from Comstar to Emax. The board review the fee structure and has further questions regarding the fees. Mr. Stearns to follow up.
Mr. Stearns asked if the board wants to submit a letter to the SEC expressing continued support for the Antrim wind project and the board asked him to draft a letter to the commission.
The board set the next meetings for Oct. 29, Nov. 12 & 26 and Dec. 10.
Mr. Robertson gave an update on the Recreation Commission meeting that he had attended and that the Commission had discussed that the school district had purchased a climbing net and notified the Recreation Director that they would be installing the net in the Town Gym. He said that the Commission expressed concern of the liability of the net and the safety / security of the net after school hours. Mr. Stearns will speak with the school district business administrator.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0 meeting adjourned at 7:53 PM