Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
November 26, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM by Chairman Tenney in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Tenney, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of November 12, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Sealed Non-public minutes of November 12, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
Mr. Stearns reminded the board of Chief Lester’s request that School Street oneway direction of travel be reversed with traffic exiting by way of West Street and that the board had requested that he check with the SAU and the bus company to get their input on changing the direction of travel. Chief Lester stated that he has spoken with the SAU and has no issue with changing the direction of travel. He stated that he has also spoken with the bus company who is in support of changing the direction as the exit onto Main Street from Summer Street is difficult for buses. He went on to explain that he had asked if the bus company wanted to bring a bus to check egress and sight distance when exiting from School Street onto West Street and they said that they did not have to
as they have gone that way in the past and have no issues with site distance and feel that for buses to exit from West Street onto Clinton Road is easier and less dangerous than the current route. Mr. Tenney asked when the proposed change would occur and Chief Lester said that he would like to have the Road Agent set the poles for the signage now while the ground is not frozen and then to have the actual direction change take place after the Christmas vacation. He also stated that the Police Department would ask the school to send notices about the change home with the children so that parents who drop off their children would be aware of the change and that they would also be present for the first week to help remind everyone of the change. Mr. Stearns stated that a notice would also be placed in the papers to help make people aware of the change. The board concurred that the change in the direction of travel on School Street will be a positive change and a
benefit to traffic flow and supports the change.
2013 budget discussions. The following budgets were discussed:
- 4140 Town Clerk
- 4145 Elections
- 4151 Tax Collector
- 4195 Cemeteries (presented by K. Chisholm)
- 4215 Ambulance
- 4290 Emergency Management
- 4320 Equipment Leasing
- 4324 Waste Disposal (presented by C. Craig)
4414 Animal Control
- 4520 Parks & Recreation (presented by C. Lunetta)
- 4550 Library (presented by R. Haggett & K. Chisholm)
- Mr. Stearns reminded the board that the Antrim Wind Energy SEC hearings would resume tomorrow and are scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 27th – Friday, Nov. 30th but that there was over 44 hours of cross-examination scheduled without time allocated for questions from the committee so he expects that the hearing will be continued but no determination has been made by the committee at this time..
- Mr. Robertson motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II (c) Reputations, Mr. Genest 2nd, roll call vote all in favor.
The board returned from Non-public at 8:01PM,
- Mr. Robertson motioned to seal the non-public meeting minutes, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 8:26 PM