Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
December 10, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:01 PM by Chairman Tenney in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Tenney, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II (a) Public Employee, Mr. Robertson 2nd, roll call vote all in favor.
The board returned from Non-public at 7:10 PM,
Mr. Tenney stated that the board had met in non-public to discuss the hiring of a town employee.
- Mr. Stearns read a letter of resignation from Sergeant Cavanaugh who has accepted a position with another town. Mr. Robertson motioned to accept Sgt. Cavanaugh’s resignation, Mr. Genest 2nd. All in favor.
- Mr. Genest explained that with the resignation of Sgt. Cavanaugh, the board on the recommendation of Chief Lester were going to promote a part-time officer to full-time status. Mr. Genest motioned to hire Brian Reopel as a full-time Police Officer for the Town of Antrim, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of November 26, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Sealed Non-public minutes of November 26, 2012, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with a request from Mr. Harris to have a street name sign placed on the southern end of Whiton Road. Chief Beauchamp supported the request. Mr. Genest motioned to have the Highway Department install the sign at the end of the road, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Kristen Vance presented a request from the Grapevine to have the rental fee for use of the Town Hall to be waived for a fund raising event. Mr. Genest motioned to waive the rental fee, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
2013 budget discussions. The following budgets were discussed:
- 4150 Administration
- 4154 Prosecution (Chief Lester presented)
- 4155 Employee benefits
- 4191 Planning / Zoning (Diane Chauncey presented)
- 4196 General Insurance
- 4220 Fire Department (Chief Beauchamp presented)
- 4415 Health Agencies
- 4441 Welfare Administration
- Mr. Stearns presented a request from an employee for the town to buy back unused vacation time, the board discussed the problems this caused in the past and stated that the Town’s policy was not to buy back unused vacation time and they would not change the policy.
- Mr. Craig the Road Agent explained the vandalism that has ben occurring at the the Highway Department and the need to install cameras to record any future issues and be able to identify and prosecute.
- The board set the following dates for future meetings:
- Thursday, December 27, 2012
- Monday, January 7, 2013
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013
- Monday, February 4, 2013 Budget hearing
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 9:33 PM