Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
March 18, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM by Mr. Genest in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Chairman - Mr. Genest nominated Mr. Webber to serve as chairman, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 2/1 with Mr. Robertson voting no.
- Planning Board – Mr. Genest nominated Mr. Webber as representative to the Planning Board, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Planning Board Alternate – Mr. Webber nominated Mr. Robertson as alternate representative to the Planning Board, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Selectmen’s Advisory Committee – Mr. Genest nominated Mr. Robertson as representative to SAC, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Parks & Recreation Committee – Mr. Webber nominated Mr. Genest as representative to the Parks & Recreation Committee, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the minutes of March 11, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0/1 with Mr. Webber abstaining
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the non-public minutes of March 11, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0/1 with Mr. Webber abstaining
- Employee raises - Mr. Stearns requested that the board establish the effective date for employee raises based on the Town Meeting approval of the 2013 budget. Mr. Genest motioned to grant raises to employees provided they have received any scheduled reviews as of January 1, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Current Use Application – Mr. Stearns presented an application from the Harris Center for map #252 lot #011 a 12.4 acre lot with 12.2 ac in current use. The building on the property has been removed and the application is to place the remaining 0.2 ac into current use. Mr. Webber motioned to approve the application, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
Antrim Wind Energy letter - Mr. Stearns presented the letter from Antrim Wind Energy proposing a donation to the Town of $40,000 for the Gregg Lake area to mitigate any perceived visual impacts. After discussions of the letter, the board requested Mr. Stearns draft a reply.
- Mr. Stearns read a letter he received this morning from Pack 2 Cub Scouts thanking the Selectmen for letting them hold their Derby race at the Town Hall and requesting the use of the Town Hall on April 7th for their crossing ceremony and to waive the fees. The board agreed that the cub scouts could use the Town Hall with no fees.
- Mr. Robertson motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II (b) Hiring, Mr. Webber 2nd, roll call vote all in favor.
The board returned from Non-public at 7:50 PM
Mr. Webber stated that the board had voted to appoint Dillion d’Autevuil as a call firefighter and call ambulance attendant and Joshua Guide as a call firefighter.
- Mr. Robertson motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II (c) Reputations, Mr. Webber 2nd, roll call vote all in favor.
The board returned from Non-public at 7:58 PM
- Mr. Robertson motioned to seal the non-public meeting minutes, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
The board set the following dates for future meetings:
- Monday, April 15, 2013
- Monday, April 29, 2013
- Mr. Genest questioned the status of the Steele Pond Hydro facility and requested Mr. Stearns check with the State on the status of the water rights for the facility.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0 meeting adjourned at 8:23 PM