Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
May 13, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 8:04 PM by Chairman Webber in the Antrim Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Public Hearing minutes of April 29, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber motioned to approve minutes of April 29, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber motioned to approve the Non-public minutes of April 29, 2013, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber motioned to discuss the SEC draft motion for rehearing, MR. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0. Mr. Webber explained that this was a document that had been supplied by Antrim Wind Energy and that it has been revised a couple of time through input from Mr. Stearns working with AWE. Mr. Genest stated that this was in keeping with the Town’s position and our signed contract to support this project. Mr. Genest motioned to sign and submit the Motion for Rehearing to the SEC, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0. Mr. Stearns will file the motion as required by the SEC process.
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with the contract between the Town and Bread Loaf for the police station. Mr. Stearns stated that this contract has been reviewed and revised by Town Counsel. Mr. Genest motioned to sign the contract, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns presented a proposal for a tractor for the Highway department which is designed for sidewalks as well as roadside mowing and explained that this tractor would not damage the sidewalks and would be a more efficient piece of equipment and the current bobcat being used. The board felt that this should be held off for now.
- Mr. Stearns stated that the crosswalks would be painted this Thursday and that the representative from LGC would be at the Town Hall on May 23rd to talk to the employees about the health insurance changes.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0