Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
June 10, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 8:44 PM by Chairman Webber in the Antrim Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator), Chip Craig (Road Agent)
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Public Hearing minutes of May 13, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the BOS minutes of May 13, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber motioned to approve the BOS minutes of June 3, 2013, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Haggett presented a letter from the Trustees of the Trust Funds requesting that Loyall Allen be appointed to fill the unexpired term of Paul Boule who has resigned. Mr. Genest asked if a letter of resignation has been received from Mr. Boule and Mr. Stearns answered that we had not received a letter. Mr. Genest also questioned whether or not the appointment would be until Town Meeting or the unexpired term and requested that Mr. Stearns research the RSA’s. The board decided to wait until the next meeting to get a letter from Mr. Boule and answers to the terms of appointment.
- Mr. Stearns presented from the Recreation Director to hire summer help for camp and beach. The board reviewed the recommendations and Mr. Genest motioned to hire summer staff per the June 10th memo from Celeste Lunetta, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Craig, the Road Agent presented three proposals for a tractor for the Highway department which is designed for sidewalks as well as roadside mowing and explained that this tractor would not damage the sidewalks and would be a more efficient piece of equipment and the current bobcat being used. The board discussed the merit of the tractor and Mr. Genest again stated that we have been trying to move away from leases and felt that this should be held off for now and go before the Town Meeting. Mr. Webber motioned to enter into a 5 year lease with Gorham Leasing Group for a MB Sidewalk Tractor with attachments for $130,794.67 at a 2.8% fixed interest rate, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/1
Mr. Stearns presented three bids to repair the brickwork at the Clinton St. Fire Station. These bids were:
KR Stafford $1,400.00
Fuller Masonry $1,300.00
NH Pioneer $1,400.00
Mr. Webber motioned to accept the bid from Fuller Masonry for $1,300.00, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
- The board discussed a complaint received from Mr. Bruce French and asked Mr. Stearns to have the Code Enforcement Officer review the complaint and property to see if there were any violations.
- The board discussed the proposed PILOT & Alternative PILOT agreement and did not feel any changes were needed prior to the public hearing.
- Mr. Webber motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II(a) Public employee, 2nd by Mr. Robertson, roll call vote all in favor.
The board returned from Non-public session with no decisions being made at 9:43 PM.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0