Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
August 19, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Webber in the Antrim Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator), Donna Hanson (Tax Collector)
- Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the BOS minutes of July 8, 2013, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the Non-Public BOS minutes of July 8, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
Dr. Minnihan, the new ConVal Superintendent introduced himself and expressed his hope that the Town and School could have regular meetings. The board welcomed him and that the town and school were working on a few issues together.
The board met with the Ambulance squad to discuss what procedures were in place for controlling and tracking drug usage in the ambulances. The Chief stated that they were in the process of writing policies and the board requested that when there was a draft policy that they submit it to the Town Administrator. Antrim has 3 paramedics who have access to the locked drug kits and that they have to log all usage and have it witnessed.
- The Chief and Sherry Miller presented a request to purchase a new ambulance for $186,148 which includes $10,000 allowance for the trade-in of the 2002 ambulance it will replace. Mr. Stearns stated that he has received a quote of 1.9% for a 5 year term from Lake Sunapee Bank. Mr. Webber motioned to approve the new ambulance to be paid from the Ambulance Revolving Fund, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
Mr. Genest requested that the board allow fire station to be used again for the Monadnock Paper Mill Union voting and the board agreed that they could.
E911 Stoddard Rd. – Mr. Stearns presented a request from E911 to have the selectmen formally authorize Police, Fire & EMS to be dispatched through Hancock. The board directed Mr. Stearns to draft a letter authorizing this change.
- Mr. Stearns presented a request from the Parks $ Recreation committee to expend up to $2,500 for fencing and nets for Shea Field. Mr. Genest explained the discussions at the P & R meeting and that they were concerned about soccer balls going into the swampy area behind the backstops and the need to extend the fencing. Mr. Webber motioned to expend up to $2,500 from the revolving fund, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns presented a request from Monica Harrington to waive the Town Hall rental fees for Destiny Africa Children’s Choir and to allow them the use of the upstairs town hall on September 16th, 17th, 23rd & 24th. Mr. Genest moioned to approve, Mr. Webber 2nd, passed 3/0
- Imperator abatement request, Mr. Stearns presented the abatement request for map/lot 224-009 (127 Salmon Brook Rd.) and stated that RSA 76:21 Prorated Assessment for Damaged Buildings allows for the taxes to be prorated for the number of days that the structure was unusable. Mr. Genest motioned to approved the abatement per RSA 76:21, Mr. Robinson 2nd, passed 3/0
Residents from Gibson Mt. Rd. asked if they could speak to the selectmen and Mr. Webber said yes. The residents stated that they have been maintaining Gibson Mt. Rd. but it was being used by others and they want the town to start maintaining the road. The board explained that this is a class VI road and the town cannot legally maintain it. Mr. Genest stated that there is three (3) methods by which a Class VI road can be reclassified to a Class V road:
- By a Town Meeting vote (Mr. Webber suggested that this could be accomplished by a citizens petition)
- By the Layout process – this involves submitting a petition to the selectmen to layout the road who would determine if there is an occasion for the layout which is for the public convenience and necessity.
- By Layout with betterment assessments.
- Mr. Webber motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II(b & c) Hiring & Reputations, 2nd by Mr. Genest, roll call vote Mr. Webber – yes, Mr. Robertson – yes, Mr. Genest - yes.
The board returned from Non-public session at 8:19 PM.
Mr. Genest asked about when we would be receiving heating oil bids and Mr. Stearns stated that we would have bid for the next meeting.
Mr. Genest asked that Mr. Stearns to check with the Code Enforcement Officer on Mr. French’s complaint.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0