Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
September 3, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Webber in the Antrim Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Genest motioned to approve the BOS minutes of August 19, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the BOS minutes of August 27, 2013, Mr. Webber 2nd, Passed 2/0/1 with Mr. Genest abstaining
- Mr. Webber motioned to approve the Sealed Non-Public BOS minutes of August 27, 2013, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0/1 with Mr. Genest abstaining
Mr. Stearns presented the heating oil bids received:
- Allen & Mathewson Energy - $3.349 per gallon
- Rymes Heating Oil - $3.469 per gallon
- Vailancourt Fuels - $3.349 per gallon
After reviewing the bids Mr. Genest motioned to award the bid to Vailancourt Fuels who supplied the fuel last year, Mr. Robertson 2nd, Passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the bids received for the engineering services for the reconstruction and drainage for Highland Avenue and lower Pleasant Street:
- CHA - $73,800
- Fieldstone Consultants - $29,722
- Provan & Lorber Inc. - $78,000
- Quantum Construction Consultants - $61,285
- TFM - no firm price just hourly rates
After reviewing, the board directed Mr. Stearns to review the bids and give a recommendation at the next meeting.
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with the court order to enforce a zoning violation at 1 North Main Street. Mr. Stearns to follow-up on this issue.
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with a request from Cathy Burke requesting they waive the late tax payment interest fees. The board discussed past practice and concluded that all residents should be aware that taxes are due each year in July and December and are responsible for paying them whether or not they receive a tax bill and directed Mr. Stearns to write Ms. Burke a letter explaining the Town’s position.
- The board discussed the on-going complaint from Mr. Bruce French and instructed Mr. Stearns to respond to the letter sent to the board from four residents.
- Mr. Stearns asked the board to select dates for future meetings and the board will meet on 9/16, 9/30, 10/14, 10/28, 11/12 & 11/25
- Mr. Webber motioned to go into Non-public session per RSA 91-A:3 II(c) Reputations, 2nd by Mr. Genest, roll call vote Mr. Webber – yes, Mr. Robertson – yes, Mr. Genest - yes.
The board returned from Non-public session at 8:07 PM.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0