Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
October 15, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM by Chairman Webber in the Antrim Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the BOS minutes of September 30, 2013, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
The board discussed the request by Don Glover to have the Town accept Knapton Circle as a Class V Town road. The board asked Mr. Craig, Road Agent, if the road met the Town standards and he said that it did. Mr. Stearns noted that the Planning Board had voted to recommend approval of the road at their last meeting. Mr. Webber motioned to accept Knapton Circle Road as a Class V road, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Craig presented the board with a request to purchase a Quonset hut for a future salt / sand shed. He explained that this 40’ x 60’ building had been purchased by a resident who never erected it and was willing to sell it to the town for $7,000. Mr. Stearns showed the board that a new Quonset hut of this size would cost approximately $23,000 to purchase. Mr. Craig stated that he would be looking to put in a foundation and pave a pad next year. Mr. Webber motioned to approve the purchase, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Craig reviewed the bids that had been received for Highland & Pleasant St. engineering proposal and recommended that the board reject all bids and to increase the request for next town meeting. Mr. Webber motioned to reject all bids, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Craig presented a request from Chris Platt to trap on town property specifically the sand pit. Mr. Webber motioned to approve the request, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
Mr. Genest stated that the Parks and Recreation commission had discussed the gym floor failure and requested that Mr. Stearns try to obtain a copy of the engineering plans from the school renovation project.
- Mr. Stearns presented a proposal from Breadloaf to do assessments of the Town Hall and Library HVAC systems at $5,333 each. Mr. Haggett stated that the Library Trustees had voted to pay for the Library portion. Mr. Webber motioned to approve the contract, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 3/0
Mr. Stearns presented the board with the quotation that Quantum had submitted in 2007 to fix the dam and valve at Gregg Lake. Mr. Stearns will continue to follow up on this.
- Mr. Stearns presented a request from Commerford Neider Perkins to extend the contract due date for the revaluation to November 8th. The board discussed this request and denied the request.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0. Meeting adjourned at 8:38 PM