Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
December 9, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Webber in the Antrim Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Genest & Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the BOS minutes of November 25, 2013, Mr. Genest 2nd. Passed 3/0
Ms. Kristen Vance Grapevine Director presented their request for the Town to level fund the Town’s donation of $7,000 to the Grapevine for the 2014 budget. Ms. Vance also presented a request for the warrant article for Town Meeting requesting $6,000 for the Teen Center. Mr. Genest expressed that he has received comments and concerns that the facility was becoming more of a community center than a teen center as there has been an increased use by adult organizations and activities.
William Gray & Ann Dancy from the Lutheran Community Services updated the selectmen on their attempts to sell the former Girls Shelter and asked if the selectmen had any need or use for the building. They also asked if the Town has any suggestions for uses of the building or potential uses.
- The selectmen were presented and reviewed the following 2014 budgets:
- 4130 Town Officials
- 4241 Building Inspection – the selectmen requested a further $250 deduction
- 4150 Administration
- 4290 Emergency Management
- 4152 Assessing
- 4316 Street Lighting/Misc.
- 4153 Legal
- 4320 Equipment Leasing – the selectmen requested the sidewalk tractor be included in this budget and removed from the highway budget.
- 4155 Employee benefits
- 4414 Animal Control
- 4156 Information Technology
- 4415 Health Agencies
- 4194 Government Buildings
- 4441 Welfare
- 4196 General Insurance
- 4583 Patriotic Purposes
- 4199 Contingency
- 4711 Debt Service
- Mr. Stearns requested that the board set some future meeting dates and they agreed to meet:
Monday, December 23, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 Non-Public 4:00 PM
Monday, January 6, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 Workshop 4:00 PM
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014 Town Meeting Gymnasium
- The board reviewed the list of Town owned land that Mr. Stearns had prepared and identified 12 parcels for potential sale. Mr. Stearns will follow up on moving forward with 5 properties.
- Mr. Stearns presented a request from Chris Salmon to use the upstairs of the Town Hall for contra dancing. The board discussed the request and were concerned about the structural integrity of the floor due to the age of the building. They suggest that the gym would be a more appropriate location. Mr. Stearns will speak to Mr. Salmon.
- Mr. Stearns stated that the new Police Station open house would take place on January 4th from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The board discussed a ribbon cutting ceremony.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0. Meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM