Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
June 10, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Vice Chairman Robertson in the Antrim Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Mr. Webber, Mr. Robertson, (Mr. Genest excused)
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Webber motioned to approve the BOS minutes of May 12, 2014, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 2/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the information on the bids received for the engineering services for Highland Avenue and Pleasant Street:
- Dubois & King Inc. $ 57,850
- Fieldstone Land Consultants, PLLC $ 30,802
- GM2 Associates $103,820
- Holden Transportation Engineering $ 62,154
- Northpoint Engineering $ 70,000
- Quantum Construction Consultants, LLC $ 99,764
The Road Agent, Chip Craig and Mr. Ben Pratt spoke about their review of the proposals.. Mr. Pratt pointed out that there needs to be a discussion with the firm who is awarded the project to insure that the plan can handle the amount of ground water that is present in the area. Mr. Pratt & Mr. Tenney both cautioned that Jim Cruthers of the Water Department needs to be very involved in the project to insure that there is no interruption of service and that the new water main is installed to his specifications. Mr. Webber motioned to award the project to Holden Transportation Engineering for $62,154, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the Utilities revaluation contract from George Sansoucy to the board and pointed out that there were 2 options presented. The first being that they would perform the revaluation for $28,000 and the second option was to perform the revaluation with updates being performed every year for the following 4 years at a cost of $12,000 per year for a total contract price of $60,000. Mr. Webber motioned to award the contract for 1 year at $28,000, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the list from the Recreation Director to hire Beach and Camp personnel for the summer. Mr. Webber motioned to hire the staff as presented, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0
- Mr. Webber motioned to go into Non-Public under RSA 91-A:3 II (b) Hiring, Mr. Robertson 2nd, roll call vote Mr. Webber – yes, Mr. Robertson – yes.
- The board returned from Non-public at 7:26.
- Mr. Webber motioned to hire a summer employee for the Highway department, contingent on background checks, Mr. Robertson 2nd, passed 2/0
- There being no further business, Mr. Webber motioned to adjourn, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0. Meeting adjourned at 7:27 PM