Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
September 15, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Genest
Members Present: Mr. Genest, Mr. Webber, Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the BOS minutes of August 18, 2014, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the BOS minutes of August 22, 2014, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with a form from the Department of Education concerning the Nathaniel Hawthorne International Academy indicating that the facility does not violate any Town Zoning Ordinances at this time. Mr. Genest motioned to sign this document, Mr. Webber 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Aucoin from Steels Pond Hydro spoke to the board requesting a letter of support be sent to the NH Public Utilities Commission for their grant application. Mr. Webber motioned to have Mr. Stearns draft a letter of support for the chairman’s signature, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Land Sale Bid opening: Mr. Stearns stated that 5 bids have been received for the 4 parcels that were advertised for sale.
- Parcel 1 – 101-046 Old Town Beach – Mr. Genest read an e-mail from Town Council concerning the lack of title / deed for this property and asked the bidders if they wanted to withdraw their bids and both stated that they would let them stand.
- Zachos - $21,500.00
- Shumway - $45,500.00
Mr. Webber motioned to award the sale to Earle & Jeanne Shumway for $45,500.00, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0