Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
December 8, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Michael Genest (Chair), Gordon Webber & John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of November 24, 2014; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the BOS minutes of November 25, 2014; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Sealed Non-Public BOS minutes of December 2, 2014; Mr. Robertson seconded, passed 3/0
Mr. Webber moved to approve a recommendation from Chief Beauchamp to hire a new firefighter. John Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
The Antrim/Bennington shared bridge final documentation was signed.
Hazard Mitigation Plan “Letter Of Commitment” was signed in order secure funding by SWRPC.
Chair Genest cited several mistakes in past newspaper articles and asked that the press speak to the Chair in order to clarify the facts.
Several members of the audience expressed concern at the lack of a Public Hearing. Mr. Richard Block submitted a letter (attached and which was read aloud) concerning a vote of the BOS November 24, 2014 meeting. The vote changed the date of the PILOT between Antrim Wind Energy LLC and the Town of Antrim (from December 2016 to December 2018). Mr. Block and others attending the meeting felt that a Public Hearing should have been held in order to make the date change. Based on discussions with Town Counsel, the BOS had chosen not to hold a Public Hearing.
- A presentation from the CIP committee was made by Mr. Ben Pratt and Mr. Ron Haggett.
- The Board met with the Water & Sewer Commissioners to discuss the Highland Ave and Pleasant Street waterline-drainage project. The Water & Sewer Commissioners stated that it would be more economical to do the projects in two years – not all at once. The BOS disagreed. No decision was made and both the BOS and the Water & Sewer Commissioners will meet after the bids have been submitted and the bonding has been researched.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn; Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator