Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
December 22, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Michael Genest (Chair), Gordon Webber & John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator), Chip Craig (Road Agent)
- Arthur & Lauralei Knight – did not attend
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of December 8, 2014; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the BOS minutes of December 11, 2014; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Warrant Articles were presented by:
- Teen Center – Kristen Vance
- Tuttle Library – Ron Haggett
- Parks & Rec – Joan Gorga & Peter Lamb
- Highway Department – Chip Craig
The Board will consider the recommendation of the warrant articles for the March 2015 Town Meeting.
- Mr. Webber moved to send a letter to Governor Hassan in support of the Renewable Energy Fund (REF- created by RSA 362-F:10. I. for grant and incentive programs that support energy initiatives in our state). The letter respectfully requests that the Governor does not use the dedicated REF to balance the state budget. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- The Board reviewed a preliminary contract with SolarGarden. A short discussion followed.
- Mr. Webber moved to accept Fire Chief Beauchamp’s retirement letter as of January 1, 2015; Chief Beauchamp will stay on as a firefighter. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Webber moved to accept Fire Chief Beauchamp’s recommendation of Marshall Gale as his replacement, effective as of January 1, 2015. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0.
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the 2015 Holiday schedule. Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
Chair Genest suggested that the Water and Sewer Commissioners meet with the BOS at the January 5, 2015 meeting to discuss long term planning for the Water & Sewer Department, and especially the Highland Ave/Pleasant St. project.
- There being no further business, Mr. Genest motioned to adjourn; Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator