Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
August 18, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Genest
Members Present: Mr. Genest, Mr. Webber, Mr. Robertson
Staff present: Galen Stearns (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Webber motioned to approve the BOS minutes of July 21, 2014, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Gerard Dumont from 135 Reed Carr Rd. spoke to the selectmen about his driveway culvert being plugged causing the water to flow over his driveway leaving mud and dirt on it. He feels that when the road is graded that the dirt is plugging his culvert and wants the town to clean the culvert when they grade. Mr. Stearns showed the board pictures of the road and Mr. Dumont’s driveway. With the amount of sediment filing the uphill side of the drainage swale, the board could not determine the cause of the blockage and instructed Mr. Stearns to have the Highway Department clean the ditch to determine the cause of the blockage.
- 3.Mr. Stearns presented a letter from the Water & Sewer Commissioners stating that Melissa Lombard has submitted her resignation form the Commission and that they request that Sam Harding be appointed to completer her term which expires March 2015. Mr. Genest motioned to accept Ms. Lombard’s resignation and to appoint Mr. Harding to fill the position until the elections in March 2015, Mr. Webber 2nd, passed 3/0
- Jack Munn from NHSolarGarden spoke to the board about installing solar panels at the Water & Sewer plant. The solar array would offset the electric cost for the plant. The Town would get a check twice a year, which would be for the amount that had been fed into the grid. The board decided that a site walk would help understand the magnitude of the array and agreed to meet at the plant on Friday morning at 8:00 am. Mr. Stearns questioned if it would be possible to size the array to offset the cost of the other municipal buildings and Mr. Munn said that if he could get the electric usage for the rest for the town he could calculate the arrays needed. Mr. Stearns will send a spreadsheet with the Town’s electric needs.
- Mr. Stearns presented draft ordinances for Alcoholic Beverages and Town Beach/Boat Launch/Parks to the boards for review. The board will hold a public hearing on adoption of the ordinances at their September 15th meeting.
- Mr. Stearns presented the board with an update to the personnel policy to insert the missing vacation section. Mr. Robertson motioned to approve the Personnel Policy dated August 18, 2014, Mr. Genest 2nd, passed 3/0
- Mr. Stearns reminded the board that Home & Harvest was coming up September 12 – 14th. He informed the board that the LED Stop sign is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday and that he would be on vacation the week of September 2 – 5.
- Mr. Webber stated that he has been invited to the White Birch Point Association’s annual meeting and cookout.
- Paul Mercier from Pleasant St. told the selectmen that the runoff from Highland Avenue goes through his property and that it is causing problems with his yard and washing it away. Mr. Stearns explained that Holden Engineering was in the process of engineering the drainage and reconstruction of Highland Ave. and lower Pleasant St. and that when this work is completed and the project undertaken it will take the drainage in a closed system and reroute it away from his property.
- Mr. Genest asked if anything has been heard from the Town of Bennington about the timber cut that they had proposed for the Tri-Town landfill area and asked Mr. Stearns to follow-up with Bennington Town Administrator.
- There being no further business, Mr. Webber motioned to adjourn, Mr. Robertson 2nd. Passed 3/0. Meeting adjourned at 8:06 PM