Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
January 20, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Michael Genest (Chair), Gordon Webber & John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator)
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of January 5, 2015; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of January 5, 2015; Non-Public - Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of January 7, 2015; Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Webber moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of January 13, 2015; Non-Public - Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
Mr. Jim Elder requested that the school be allowed to use the upstairs auditorium during business hours. A policy was put in place last year to disallow activities upstairs Monday-Thursday, 8 am-4pm. This policy has made it difficult for the school to have their yearly play. After a short discussion it was decided to have a trial year and allow activities upstairs during business hours. Town Administrator Donna Hanson will draft guidelines for the use of the upstairs auditorium.
Diane Chauncey suggested that the town report be dedicated to Former Fire Chief Mike Beauchamp, also that the town report cover be a photograph taken by Mr. Frank Gorga and that he be allowed to sell bookmarks of the photo at town meeting. Any proceeds will be donated to the Grapevine and the Antrim Players. Mr. Genest moved to approve all three requests. Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
The board reviewed the warrant articles for 2015 Town Meeting.
There was discussion whether the letter of intent for the conservation easement warrant article needed to be updated. Donna Hanson will check with Town Counsel.
The board will sign a one year lease with SolarGarden so that they can get the town in the net-metering program as soon as possible. There will be a warrant article at Town Meeting for a 20 year lease with two 5 year options. Mr. Webber moved to sign the one year lease agreement. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
Mr. Webber moved to sign the petition to intervene in reference to Docket 2014-05 Antrim Wind Energy LLC. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
Donna Hanson will check with Bennington/Francestown to re-schedule the meeting for the Tri-Town Pit.
- TDS Appeal Settlement Proposal for 2012, 2013, 2014 taxes. This is a going forward settlement of assessments with no cash refund and no interest payments. This will be a reduction in the value going forward as a settlement for the past cases. Mr. Genest moved to approve the settlement. Mr. Robertson seconded. Passed 3/0
- Mr. Genest would like to ask School Board Members Crista Salamy or Rich Cahoon to attend the Feb 2, 2015 Selectmens meeting to discuss the school warrant article to close Great Brook School.
After no further business Chairman Genest motioned to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned 8:30 PM
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator