Town of Antrim – Board of Selectmen
February 2, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairman Genest in the Little Town Hall.
Members Present: Michael Genest (Chair), Gordon Webber & John Robertson
Staff present: Donna Hanson (Town Administrator),
- Mr. Robertson moved to approve the Board of Selectmen (BOS) minutes of January 20, 2014; Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0
The revised Letter of Intent (LOI) for the Bean Conservation Easement was discussed. Mr. Genest questioned whether the LOI needed to be signed and if the wording in the warrant article should be changed so that any changes in the future to the easement would be the responsibility of the legislative body and not the selectboard. Town Administrator Ms. Hanson will check with town counsel. Mr. Genest also requested that an information meeting be scheduled before town meeting so that the public is informed about the conservation easement before voting.
- Mr. Rich Cahoon from the Concal School Board discussed the upcoming school warrant article in reference to closing Great Brook School. The board would like to schedule an information meeting for the public and have the Conval School Board present to answer questions. Ms. Hanson will coordinate this with Mr. Cahoon.
Mr. Genest suggested that instead of leasing a new 10 wheel dump truck that it might be more economical for the town to repair the 6 wheel dump truck. The first year payment of $44,000. 00 for the lease could be put into the highway repair budget line. Mr. Genest feels the repairs would be around $50,000.00 and the truck would probably last another 5 years. Mr. Webber and Mr. Robertson will discuss this further with the road agent.
Mr. Robertson moved to waive the $50.00 fee for an Antrim business to link to the town website. Mr. Webber seconded. Passed 3/0.
There was clarification on the town’s policy to replace mailboxes that were damaged by the town’s plow. The town will replace something that is comparable to the one that was damaged.
- Mr. Webber stated that he would like to ask the planning board to send a letter of support to the Site Evaluation Committee requesting that they take jurisdiction over the Antrim Wind Energy Project. The board agreed.
- The board signed the necessary documents for the Tax Anticipation Note (TAN)
- The board discussed if there were any town properties that should be sold this year. Further research will be done on this.
After no further business Chairman Genest motioned to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned 9:20 PM
Respectfully submitted, Donna Hanson, Town Administrator